SA80 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Although it looked good and the reticle was sweet, the SUSAT didn't work out for me due to eye relief/quick acquisition issues. I'm trying an older version ACOG from another setup to see how I like it. The eye relief is much better (almost 3") and the magnification is also 4x which I like. What do you think?

L85_3.jpg

Edited by cjfield1129

Well, I'm, not sure what i think about your configuration.... from the practical point of view it makes sense, but from the "style" point of view it doesn't!

From the designpoint i don't like it! :)

Maybe I'm too much "traditional", but for me a L85 with another optic than a SUSAT (except issued NightVisions or scopes) is an absoluteley NOGO!

On the other hand there are some rumours about the army is going to replace the SUSATs with ACOGs...

Maybe I'm too much "traditional", but for me a L85 with another optic than a SUSAT (except issued NightVisions or scopes) is an absoluteley NOGO!

Agreed, I can't stand to see anything other than A SUSAT, CWS, IWS or Iron Sights on an SA80. it's just a shame that the CWS is £2500 2nd hand and the IWS mount is almost impossible to get hold of.

I got it from Evike, and they sent it with a plastic flash hider. So I bought a cheap metal springer from a surplus store, and took the flash hider. The bayonet fits perfect. I used my Dremel to cut the slot for the bayonet lock, so it sits properly and doesn't spin.

Thanx for the info's dudes!

@maccrage: They delivered the STAR with a plastic flashhider?! :blink:

However, so the bayonet fits with a little modifikation - better than nutin'!

It is possible to make a photo of the slot in the fh? Would be great! ;)

Edited by Bill Hearst

Cheers bud. The gun's TOP so has the FN markings and all that. Inside, it's got a PGC gearbox and a 9.6 in the box mag wired to the trigger. The Mk 1 handguards are from a TOP Mk 1 model. As for the rail, it was designed and built by my brother. He'll probably do a run of them if there's enough interest.

Cheers bud. The gun's TOP so has the FN markings and all that. Inside, it's got a PGC gearbox and a 9.6 in the box mag wired to the trigger. The Mk 1 handguards are from a TOP Mk 1 model. As for the rail, it was designed and built by my brother. He'll probably do a run of them if there's enough interest.

If your brother does a run count me in for two (depending on price)

Edited by king_P90