SA80 Picture Thread

I have seen Star do one and G&G.

for now they are the only companies producing a skirmishable L85 AEG

there are a great many threads on the subject on these forums ,may I suggest you use the search function to save de-railing this thread with posts that have been typed before ;)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love the susat, its one of the best bits of replica gear around. people who complain at the eye relief on it are probably the same people that complain about plastic bodied guns not looking realistic enough. everyone wants everything realistic but when a company produce something uber realistic that doesnt really work for airsoft people complain again. you cant have it both ways.

if you like the love of the susat get one and learn to live with the poor eye relief, if you cant learn to live with it, stick to the irons. they still look good.

I know I don't like it cause its 100 quid and its ######.

Folk will disagree but i find a 4x scope excessive for uk airsoft you're not going to hit anything at the distance you can see.

a 1x or 2x red dot with a bigger rear apeture although not 'accurate' would have been *much* more useful.

Must admit, I'm in 2 minds about the usefulness of magnifying scopes in airsoft.

On an assault rifle, at normal distances, I tend to just point my gun in the general direction of the target, fire 1 BB and see where it goes then shoot another couple on the basis of where the first one goes.

In this situation a zoom scope is no use to you cos you look through a scope, hold the crosshair on a target and have no clue where your BBs are actually being blown by the wind or hop-up or whatever.

On the other hand, more and more I find that a zoom scope is handy for sussing out enemy positions from beyond the range of their guns.

If you can spot a guy in cover from 100m away it's much easier to sneak toward him and either take him out or suppress him.

It's getting to the stage where my ideal gun would have iron sights to aim through AND a SUSAT/ACOG to use for spotting.

I agree completely about the Star SUSAT. I've ALWAYS said it was pretty poor and am constantly shocked at how rabidly some Star fanboys will defend it.

As usual I will remind people that the optics are in a self-contained tube inside the Star SUSAT and you can loosen a grub screw inside it (after removing the baseplate) and slide the optics right back so they are flush with the rear of the rubber eye-cup.

This gives you an extra half-inch of eye-relief and it makes a LOT of difference to the usability of the scope. ;)

Maccrage, is the colour difference between the handguard and other furniture as noticeable in person as it is in the picture?

Not really. Like 1st said. Just the flash. And the handguard is new, and so has no wear to it.

No problems opening. Just getting the bugger on. I don't think STAR checked to make sure it fit on their own damn gun. The tabs that go on either side of the receiver are too tight. You have to shave off a bit.

Well a pic of my G+G L85A1 with Stealthbomber mod embodied, RS rear sight and sling and my S'n'S Delisle combat carbine (it is at least british).

I will leave the iron sights on mine since that is what I used in the army.

I only used the SUSAT at shooting comps with the LSW.

I would love a CWS but not enough to go to jail for it.

British.jpg

Bad pics for the insurance company.

Stunt

William Delisle originally called it the combat carbine since he designed it with no specific end user in mind but when it was designed in late 1941 to early 1942. It wasn't tested by the commandos until May 1943.

17 were hand made and sent out with commandos on raids, at that point it became known as the commando carbine but it didn't go into production until August 1944.

I called mine the combat carbine since I am not a commando and mine was made in the same way as his early prototypes i.e. chopping the front of and enfield off, sticking a 1911 mag on it and building a huge suppressor on it.

With my old Nokia's Db meter I got a reading of 85 Db. Stunningly that is the same noise level as the real one.

Stunt

Edited by amateurstuntman

Scratch built AS. Based on an APS2 made by Warren from Shoot'n'Scoot.

It has real steel stock, sling swivels and sights.

It was the first one in the world I think and I don't think I have seen another one.

It was built using dimensions from an armourer's guide to the delisle and the only off bit is the hole in the fore grip for the APS2 mag.

Even though it is at skirmishable power it is so consistent I can hit the little tobasco bottle from an MRE at the end of my 35 meter garden 2 times out of 3. I love it like a child.