SA80 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Army L85

Just purchased this recently but I also bought an MP5 which I have been giving more attention to.

So far I just have the custom silencer and a TM EG1000 motor.

Silenced SA80 piccy

Mind telling me how you did that? It looks lovely. My friends looking at silencing his SA80 and we're discussing it currently.

Also, can the outer barrels be taken off and replaced? With say a G36 outer barrel. If silencing prooves too difficult he's after a DMR look, but not an LSW. Strange man, but he has a certain style. :P

Edited by AnotherJesus

The outer barrel of the Army can be taken off, but it's a one piece barrel and I'm pretty sure you won't find anything shorter.

The STAR on the other hand has a two piece that comes apart after the gas block post.

Hey Jebus, I'm gonna take a shot and say that the second L85 down is the Army right?

Mind telling me how you did that? It looks lovely. My friends looking at silencing his SA80 and we're discussing it currently.

Also, can the outer barrels be taken off and replaced? With say a G36 outer barrel. If silencing prooves too difficult he's after a DMR look, but not an LSW. Strange man, but he has a certain style. :P

Unscrewed the flash hider (pain in the a-hole to do) and added THIS. You also need a thread adapter to reverse the threads. The silencer threads are at around the midpoint of the unit, so it covers the whole barrel that extends out from the front grip. To make it fit flush with the front grip you have to cut a larger front opening so that the silencer slides into the grip.

I like the British-spec SA80's as well and I figured most people on here wouldn't like it, but I wanted to try something a bit different. I will be painting the OD plastic parts with flat black as well to give it a more stealthy look.

heya cheers for that im anotherjesus's mate whos getting an r85 and im working my way thru the massive 60 + page review and loving it

yeah i wanted to see if there was a lsw barrel i could put on it but apparently no where does one so silencing or mebe a longer outer barrell, as said i have a weird sence of taste, good looking guns btw

WELL! Look what was waiting for me when I got home from work! :D

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

Installed first a new Madbul 6.02mm x 507mm barrel, and then attached the UGL...

Sweet Jesus, I need an HK clip to get the sling back on 'cause this *fruitcage*ers heavy now!

Army R85A1 - 330fps

STAR L85A2 - 380fps

G&G L85A2 - 370fps

The springs can be swapped out easily on all the models. Unscrew the butt pad from the STAR and you can release the spring straight from the gearbox. For the G&G/Army models, you remove the upper receiver, unset the top gearbox and open it up.

Army R85A1 - 330fps

STAR L85A2 - 380fps

G&G L85A2 - 370fps

The springs can be swapped out easily on all the models. Unscrew the butt pad from the STAR and you can release the spring straight from the gearbox. For the G&G/Army models, you remove the upper receiver, unset the top gearbox and open it up.

Lerch: Thanks for the prompt reply. Quite a nice fps for a stock. ^^. Which brand do you own?

Hey guys, I'm planning on getting a L85 and UGL as soon as possible and I have a few questions.

1. Does the sling adapter for the normal sling come with the UGL or where can I buy it separately in England.

2. What is the best battery that can fit in a UGL, preferbly more time less fire rate.

3. What is the bottom of the UGL like, plastic? Metal? Is there a good bit of frame under the 40mm barrel. Would it be possible to attach a rail there (with customising not just straight off)

Also what are your opinions on me spraying the barrel cover of the UGL olive green/drab. See the picture below for how it might roughly look.

[THIS PICTURE HAS BEEN EDITED WITH MACROMEDIA FIREWORKS, COURTESIES GO TO aswaffield AS IT IS HIS PICTURE ORIGINALLY]

post-50057-1209503615_thumb.jpg

[THIS PICTURE HAS BEEN EDITED WITH MACROMEDIA FIREWORKS, COURTESIES GO TO aswaffield AS IT IS HIS PICTURE ORIGINALLY]

Edited by BroadSide

1) No adaptor is provided. Either find yourself a grenade ring like I did, or an HK clip would be the best solution.

2) I use a 8.4V 1400maH battery, and it sits ahead of the gas block under the barrel. If you got one custom made you couple probably get a higher maH rating.

3) The frame around the tube is plastic, while the tube and other hardware is steel. Total weight is 15lb. I'm not sure why you'd do it, but I suppose you could attach a rail underneath the tube.

Pretty sure there's no real issue sand coloured replacements for the plastic furniture. Speaking to a few raf regiment corporals once who've been out on 'sunny holidays' at her majesty's pleasure, apparently covering the green parts in masking tape is one method used, seen a few pictures of it done on the L96 and L85 at military-photos, though can't find em again right now. Not a clue about airsoft.