SA80 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I have the 1700 and 1750 and I'm worrying whether or not I shoulda just got the 3rd the price star case lol

EDIT

Well I love the setup, like a British version of my double "SOPMOD-ish (very ish lul)" case;

Pelican6.jpg

BTW, what's the thing in the upper left corner? And is that the Star SUSAT or a realsteel (looks nice no mater what, and I prefer ACOG's on SA80's)?

Edited by Ranger_Captain
I'm worrying whether or not I shoulda just got the 3rd the price star case lol

It's a lot smaller! Plastic is inferior and there's no dust/moisture seal.

BTW, what's the thing in the upper left corner?

It's a Peli dessicant pack. Reheat in oven to reactivate!

And is that the Star SUSAT or a realsteel

Star. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Here is my pride and joy. An endlesly upgraded Academy SA80. Currently the only problem is i can't access the MP5 hop unit i installed, silly me, i should have thought of that.

Real steel saty maglite and chinasoft ACOG (yes its a TA01, i know, i want the other one with the docter RDS, but it costs more than the saty!!)

Tamzyn.jpg

How does one remove the flash hider from an ICS L85A2? It's proving to be a stubborn little chap which I would like to replace with a TM tracer unit.

There's a set screw tracing a chord through a notch in the barrel. Remove the set screw entirely, and the flash hider will simply come off. I should probably note now that the barrel is not threaded.

Here is my pride and joy. An endlesly upgraded Academy SA80. Currently the only problem is i can't access the MP5 hop unit i installed, silly me, i should have thought of that.

Real steel saty maglite and chinasoft ACOG (yes its a TA01, i know, i want the other one with the docter RDS, but it costs more than the saty!!)

Tamzyn.jpg

Are my eyes playing tricks, or is that actually a lefty SA80? I know it's just an academy but how'd you make it a lefty?

I think this thread just made me decide my new weapon xD