SA80 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vortex flashider??

I thought that only worked on armarlites due to the flashider has to match the rifling. Satys rifling beeing different so it wouldn't work, or at least not as well.

Corse i might not know what i am talking about here :P.

I am definatly after that scope. Need the tall rail mount for the acog, haven't seen that anywhere (not even a real one)

Well the Vortex fh is supposed to be going on issue for the A2's now, and considering all the other high speed parts on their we can only assume ;)

Of corse, if i had bothered to think about it, i would have realised that if they could be made to match the armarlites rifling then they, of corse, can be made to match the satys rifling.

Of corse, if i had bothered to think about it, i would have realised that if they could be made to match the armarlites rifling then they, of corse, can be made to match the satys rifling.

The ECLAN* and Vortex flash-hider are part of PECOC, and will be on all rifles within a couple of years (if the MOD is to be beleived).

I was reading on ARRSE that the Vortex isn't going to be made by whichever company it is that designed it, but by another brand that will make it to a higher spec and with a better warranty package. . . at twice the price of the original.

Although I don't know what they are going to do about the bayonet though, the present one has holes cut into the handle in-line with the present flash-hider which, naturally, wont line up.

*The ACOG is, as I understand, a UOR for rifles with failing SUSATS. The ECLAN will go on general issue when PECOC comes in. The ionised material in the SUSAT which glows (tritinium I think) has a half-life of about 20 years so naturally most of them are now starting to run out of juice.

Apologies if any of this has been mentioned before (I checked the last couple of pages) or if my info is wrong/out of date.

is that a joke?

it wasn't meant as a joke, but re-reading it i can see how it could be taken as a joke, sorry if it caused any offense or anything, it genuinely wasn't meant that way.

I genuinely meant that i would buy one, so that when i got around to getting a L85 i could put it on there, personally i would probably have to have one on a L85 if i did have one, it just suits the weapon to the tee. tbh im slightly annoyed at my self now for causing this miss understanding

sorry again

Edited by Warning
it wasn't meant as a joke, but re-reading it i can see how it could be taken as a joke, sorry if it caused any offense or anything, it genuinely wasn't meant that way.

I genuinely meant that i would buy one, so that when i got around to getting a L85 i could put it on there, personally i would probably have to have one on a L85 if i did have one, it just suits the weapon to the tee. tbh im slightly annoyed at my self now for causing this miss understanding

sorry again

jeez