SA80 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me where i can get the rail/riser mount for the ACOG as seen in the above picture. I cant find them anywhere....

I have been looking for ages for the acog mount. They arent even listed on the Trigicon (rs) website. I am not so sure it was trigicon who made them, they may have subcontracted the mount out to a smaller company. Either that or because its specially for a 19mm doverail and we brits are the only army backwards enough to still be using them that they havent bothered to list it.

Possibly Edgar Bros?

Funny thing about the 19mm rail being backwards, is that I read something saying that it is actually STANAG and the 20mm picatinny rail is a convention forced by US uptake and it generally being easier to make accessories for fixings wise.

Once I get my ACOG-alike I'm going to see if the STAR rail converter raises the optic high enough to use comfortably, a lot of people seem to get on alright with red dot ACOGs bolted straight to the rail so for airsoft use the correct mount might be a bit superfluous with regards to getting things at the right eye level

Possibly Edgar Bros?

Funny thing about the 19mm rail being backwards, is that I read something saying that it is actually STANAG and the 20mm picatinny rail is a convention forced by US uptake and it generally being easier to make accessories for fixings wise.

Why do you think 7.62 was so popular, why do you think every nato country and its dog has a 5.56 assaut rifle. The US do what they like and nato is forced into aggreeing. Thing is, 7.62 is a good bullet, 5.56 isn't.

I'll try to find these edgar bros you speak of, and see if it is them who made the mount.

{edit}

my Google skils find nothing.

Edited by ED-SKaR
Why do you think 7.62 was so popular, why do you think every nato country and its dog has a 5.56 assaut rifle. The US do what they like and nato is forced into aggreeing. Thing is, 7.62 is a good bullet, 5.56 isn't.

Come on.. you know why we all use the 5.56..ITS A WOUNDING ROUND...Wounds = Drain on resources

I know where your coming from with the 7.62. put um down first time. and they stay down

Come on.. you know why we all use the 5.56..ITS A WOUNDING ROUND...Wounds = Drain on resources

I know where your coming from with the 7.62. put um down first time. and they stay down

With the 5.56 although its a wounding round and the idea is that you take two soldiers out of the fight, one wounded and one saving, that doesnt necessarily work against any enemy other than well trained military.

As for the Edgar Brothers - Here

Thanks for the link but unfortunatly no dice :(. I cant find anything relevant to acogs, but then a lot of the site is "under construction" :(.

Yeah, i found the same, i thought it would be under the military division, but its under construction..... Our search continues...

As much as I love my ICS, and the quick release handguard is well designed and solid, I do rue they fact that I can't install an RIS. Has anyone managed to mod a rail system to an ICS L85A2? Is it even remotely possible? Speaking of a L85 rail system here, not bodging a CASV or something else on.

- Zepher

Edited by CapaciousZepher

My new revamped Star L85!

IMG_9360.jpg

Star L85 A2

Guarder Clear Hop rubber

6.03mm TB Inner Barrel

G&P 6v Flashlight

Side & Bottom RIS

Star SUSAT - Removed the rubber eyepeice so i can see much more the goggles on.

OD EGLM :D - Took a while to fit but i got it on there, solid as anything!

Im considering adding a 40mm Grenade 'Quick Release Mount' rather like shotguns side shell caddys. But for a 40mm! Although it might make the front look 'cluttered'

I though it gave it a nice unique feel to it, and imo looks better than a UGL. Also i like it more than the CASV varient.

Josh

As published in this month's Soldier magazine, this is what the boys in the Light Infantry are running around Afghanistan with...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2756/432919...d98c9362b_o.jpg

Has the cheekrest been painted tan! That would be surprising, also tan sling. makes such a difference on a big black gun :rolleyes:

*PS, Still need that scopemount ¬.¬

• 3 weeks later...