SA80 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question: Owners of a L86, have you used a drum mag with it? If so, what did you find? Was it a good or bad experience?

Ah :o heritic :D

They could definately benefit from having higher capacity ammo storage in real life but i've never seen one with a drum mag on them {thanks goodness!}Airsoft or real.

Mik you obviously wernt there that day i had my single drum mag on my 80 then were you :P worked pretty well until the mag gave out even if it was on just the SA80A2 Carbine and not the LSW.

Grim

:wacko: Noooo!It's all a horrible nightmare.Bad lad :waggle:

Seriously thought,i couldn't understand the need for a 30 round mag on what was then a support gun.I remember hugging 2 of my 8 mags as there was no was i was giving them to the LSW guy in a kick off.A C mag might be a good idea though

We fitted one of the old pack members c mag to he 80 when he 1st got it, we wont go into that or the handling problems it caused. a single drum is just about bearable.

Any ways came across this on my search for a sight for my 80, OMG a cheap SUSAT??? any one have one? I cant quite tell it its plastic or metal the picture doesnt do it much justice. Not to sure unless their are any reviews. Other wise its an ACOG or EO Tech for my 80.

Grim

Edited by Grim
The SA80 and LSW are, of course, fully compatible with any extended magazine that will fit the M16, M4, FAMAS, and so on. Including drum mags.

The LSW is an SA80! hence its name the "SA80 LSW" or its designation "L86a1" or "L86a2".

And yes, the mags the saty takes are the same STANAG mags that fit the M16 and all other STANAG 5.56 guns but you CAN'T sholder the weapon with a C-mag fitted because the mag is in the way of your arm.

Eeee,back in the day i was issued the A1 we didn't have any fancy mags.We had to put up with cast off US M4 mags because the Army didn't have enough.The L85A1 had not long been issued at that point.It's why i love my Army Armaments R85,it's a bit of Nostalgia & still going strong 150,000 rounds later.Survivers guilt,who me?

And yes, the mags the saty takes are the same STANAG mags that fit the M16 and all other STANAG 5.56 guns but you CAN'T sholder the weapon with a C-mag fitted because the mag is in the way of your arm.

Sadface. There goes my brilliant plan to save on my gear costs by only having to carry one mag.

The clear-mag option got me thinking - anyone try fitting one of those Lancer L5 mag's in an SA80? :P

IIRC the magwell of the satys are taller than the amirites, and often the clear/polymer magazines are molded to the amirites magwell, meaning that certain mags wont fit satys.

From a quick google the L5 mags do seem to be molded specifically to the M4s magwell, if you look at them closly you see a smooth area at the top that goes into the magwell, then a "waffle" pattern below for strenght, that dosent fit into the magwel.

I doubt they could fit... however... you might be able to [/i]make[/i] them fit.

I\'m fitted.

Im sorry, but that looks terrible. It looks like you havnt even bothered to strip it down to paint it.

You should have left the bits like the cocking handle, sites, barrel, screws, butt stock, cheek rest, trigger and trigger guard all bits like that should have been left black or their original colour.

That would have looked much better and much more professional. ATM it just looks half assed.

Edited by bankz5152