SA80 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have left the bits like the cocking handle, sites, barrel, screws, butt stock, cheek rest, trigger and trigger guard all bits like that should have been left black or their original colour.

Why should they? Unless you layered the paint on with a shovel it's not going to affect the operation of the rifle.

Personally I think it looks very good, and slagging him off just because in your view it's not aesthetically pleasing was uncalled for.

Why should they? Unless you layered the paint on with a shovel it's not going to affect the operation of the rifle.

Personally I think it looks very good, and slagging him off just because in your view it's not aesthetically pleasing was uncalled for.

In fairness, although put quite bluntly, it would've IMO looked better if he had stripped it apart and left all the little bits and bobs black/original colour. I personally get sick of all the crappy paint jobs where the gun was just sprayed on without even stripping it down, to me it jsut makes it look too toy like.

But each to their own, it's just my opinion so if you like it like that then that's fair enough.

• 2 weeks later...
Um, no, the cheekrest and sling appear to be the standard olive green/khaki colour...

I have seen the photo printed in Solider - the SA80 appears to be using standard green furniture and ancils.

As far as I'm aware, there are no desert-coloured options for the SA80. There were, however, an extremely limited number with black furniture for ceremonial duties, but they are rarely seen in use and never on Operations.

Im sorry, but that looks terrible. It looks like you havnt even bothered to strip it down to paint it.

You should have left the bits like the cocking handle, sites, barrel, screws, butt stock, cheek rest, trigger and trigger guard all bits like that should have been left black or their original colour.

That would have looked much better and much more professional. ATM it just looks half assed.

Um... I hung it up under my porch and sprayed it down...

Who cares? It looks good, and I needed to repaint it anyway because I actually use my stuff and it gets beat on.

In fairness, although put quite bluntly, it would've IMO looked better if he had stripped it apart and left all the little bits and bobs black/original colour. I personally get sick of all the crappy paint jobs where the gun was just sprayed on without even stripping it down, to me it jsut makes it look too toy like.

But each to their own, it's just my opinion so if you like it like that then that's fair enough.

blah blah blah. I'm pretty sure that troops dont strip down their rifles before they paint them...

Um... I hung it up under my porch and sprayed it down...

Who cares? It looks good, and I needed to repaint it anyway because I actually use my stuff and it gets beat on.

blah blah blah. I'm pretty sure that troops dont strip down their rifles before they paint them...

Way to take constructive criticism!

Yeah, because we would want our triggers, cocking handles, bolt assemblies, cheek rests, gas parts etc spray painted. :mellow:

Seriously, dont comment on things you know nothing about.

Darkchild

Im sorry, but that looks terrible. It looks like you havnt even bothered to strip it down to paint it.

That would have looked much better and much more professional. ATM it just looks half assed.

Quoted for truth. Seriously, I'd rather run a two-tone - that just looks like a £1.99 plastic toy.

What?

British soldiers don't paint their issue weapons.

But if they did, they had better strip them first, or they wouldn't work.

In just the same way as real soliders keep their weapons *CLEAN*

Oh yes they do. A mucca of mine with 2 Rifles painted his IW on Herrick 10. So did the rest of COP Pl aswell. But he is ally enough to get away with it!

Wow dummy out of the pram.My personal opinion based on the fact i never painted my weapon while i served is i don't like painted L85s.Saying that i have seen a weapon which has desert sniper tape over the forward furniture which i thought was a good compromise.

Seriously though ,the real L85 is so easy to strip any soldier who wanted to or was allowed to paint their weapon would pull it apart in seconds but spend more time masking up the areas where paint isn't the guns friend.

Like all of Airsoft it's down to personal taste & as long as your weapon doesn't foul up due to paint ingress then no harm no foul. B)