SA80 Picture Thread

And how is it any different from the way it is now? - front line units have optical sights, everyone else has to make do with iron sights. Replacing SUSATs with Elcans or ACOGs or whatever and then replacing the iron sights with SUSATs would just make an improvement to the weapons of people already using iron sights.

Possibly but then you'd have iron sights plus two different optical systems. Iron sights are iron sights, pretty much, regardless of system - but people only have so much time to train on optics which can be wildly different in both operation and technique.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a load of our regiment blokes here practice patrolling today (they're off for 6 months in another month or two). Front rail systems are getting very wide spread, every guy I saw had one with grip-pod and sides/top covered by magpul style ladder rail covers, oh and vortex flash eliminators of course. Though strangely there was a gap of maybe 2 rail sections in the cover near to the front of the system, not sure what that's for, LLM maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

Judging from todays newsupdate, it appears madbull will be making a DD licenced Rail for L85 users. *hurray*

And the best news about it is, it seems to mention both the G&G L85 and the ICS version. So awesome news for me and other ICS L85 users... wub.gif

Edited by Cyclone TAW
  • 4 weeks later...

My new ares l85a2 with acm 4x acog and ares 20mm rail adaptor. I thought the new ares came with the parts shown in the split diagram on their website but mine came with a pretty poor cylinder kit but fire support really helped me out and sent me the upgraded parts such as stainless cylinder head and air nozzle etc.

I re-shimmed it, fitted a fireworks airsoft mosfet and madbull hop rubber. The standard motor doesn't give me a very good rate of fire (only 18rps with an 11.1v!!). Ordered a g&p m120 high speed to go in it so should be able to run it on a nice big 7.4v li-po but get a decent rate of fire!

DSCN0591.jpg

Oh my, that is the ugliest/coolest L85 I have seen in a long time.

I do have a few suggestions though,

1. Raise the scope up another inch or so it looks too low profile

2. Get rid of the short magazine style, probably the worst thing to me is the short mag

But nonetheless it is interesting.

Thanks ;)

The scope will stay where it is for the time being. It's comfortable to use and functionality wise it should be as close to the bore as possible.

The short mag is just for the pictures, as I think it suits the marksman style but yes, I'll be using 30rd style mags in skirmishes.

- Zepher

Judging from todays newsupdate, it appears madbull will be making a DD licenced Rail for L85 users. *hurray*

And the best news about it is, it seems to mention both the G&G L85 and the ICS version. So awesome news for me and other ICS L85 users... wub.gif

i must have missed something, where did you find this info?

what upgrades are you running in it?

It's stock right now except for an M120 motor, so it's running just under 400FPS on the middle spring guide setting (it's an ICS).

Before too long I want to get a high torque motor and have it running about 460FPS.

- Zepher

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...