SA80 Picture Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm ready to go now. Had some issues with the ICS L85 at my first game, low velocity which turned out to be due to the hop-rubber and some plastic fouling in the barrel (bought it second hand), but good to go for Urban Assault on the 29th in full working order! First time using the 1x red/green dot ACOG-alike as well, plus yet to use the P226 in anger.

IMG_7744.jpg

Next order of business will be a LiPo I think, certainly a killflash for the scope.

Edited by Rosco151

Cheers Mr Kinnerley, the wife accuses me of being a geek for buying what we use, but I like them regardless! And they're just regular ICS Hi-caps that come with the gun Panoptes.

Did play around with putting my laser / torch unit on the spare bit of rail in front of the scope, works pretty well. The laser is not eye safe, but the torch will be very useful for a night game. Obscures 40% of the sight picture through the ACOG, but in a night game I think it's a good trade-off. Will put a pic of that up at some point.

Cheers Mr Kinnerley, the wife accuses me of being a geek for buying what we use, but I like them regardless!

Oh yeah, buying your own country's weapons is definitely the aspect of airsoft that makes it geeky, none of the other stuff...

(Absolutely no offence to your wife, I'm sure she's a great person, just wanted to highlight that)

It's threads like this that make me love the L85 (I wonder why? :P) I don't care what anyone says, the SA80 series of weapons is beast, absolutely wicked. I particularly love your latest pics, spetsnaz. How does the foregrip feel? (Please don't just say plastic :P) What advantages does it bring? Having not used one before I would like to know, I'm thinking of adding a single rail and a grip pod to my M4. Is it worth it?

A couple of quick, rather poor snaps of the latest addition to the 80...

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w13/ambiguousdave/IMG_0081.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w13/ambiguousdave/IMG_0083.jpg

nice pokemon gun

Mp3 included?

IronWolf: Please don't quote pictures in future, change them to links instead (as done above).

Edited by IronWolf

No news at all. The fact that Madbull appear to have smashed the cloners with a C&D indicates to me that their DD licenced version is... imminent. Well, imminent in airsoft terms...

I ordered my Hornbill RAS today,i'll be buying another R85 in a couple of weeks so all i have to do is get in touch with G&G for the charging handle for an A2 & i'll be good to go.

Oh yes,may be i'll order another sling because i can't be bothered taking my sling off my A1

• 2 weeks later...