SA80 Picture Thread

Looks great where did you find the RIS? And after its on do you need to mount the battery in a peq or will it still fit? My Evike Custom R85 with a Star SUSAT will be delivered today and I cant wait!

R85 RAS ARES/STAR RAS

You can either fit a PEQ box for the battery or you can get a 7.4v Lipo Battery in between the lower reciever & the gas block under the barrel.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have the exact dimensions of the space? It would help me out allot.

From lower reciever to gas block 130mm (just over 5 inches),the space between the barrel & lowest part of the RAS is 25mm (1 inch ),the space is 22mm wide (just under an Inch ).

I must point out that i haven't fitted a battery yet but if it goes with out a hitch then the battery should be able to be connected,fitted in the RAS & the RAS fitted to the L85.Covering the battery with a black plastic bag will weather proof the battery as well as hiding it.

Incidently,i've measured these diamensions using my RAS & R85

Edited by rolling-thunder

From lower reciever to gas block 130mm (just over 5 inches),the space between the barrel & lowest part of the RAS is 25mm (1 inch ),the space is 22mm wide (just under an Inch ).

I must point out that i haven't fitted a battery yet but if it goes with out a hitch then the battery should be able to be connected,fitted in the RAS & the RAS fitted to the L85.Covering the battery with a black plastic bag will weather proof the battery as well as hiding it.

Incidently,i've measured these diamensions using my RAS & R85

I'm gonna have a massively hard time finding a lipo to fit that, guess I'll go with a peq... Thanks

I finally found a lipo that will fit!

And here it is!

You might find that battery has to much poke for your R85.I found a 7.4V 1100mAh from the componants shop here in the UK for about £9.50 but here's one from china http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/bb-battery/batteries/lithium-batteries/gandp-7-4v-1000mah-20c-li-po-battery-t-plug.html should be good for 3000 BBs with out blowing you gear box to bits.

This should be ok from rsov

You might find that battery has to much poke for your R85.I found a 7.4V 1100mAh from the componants shop here in the UK for about £9.50 but here's one from china http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/bb-battery/batteries/lithium-batteries/gandp-7-4v-1000mah-20c-li-po-battery-t-plug.html should be good for 3000 BBs with out blowing you gear box to bits.

This should be ok from rsov

I think the 11.1 will do pretty well. My R85 is not stock its one of the Evike custom ones with an m120 spring and a 9.6 1500 mini kinda struggles with it.

The A1 didn't have a protector for that release catch - which became a problem within about 30 seconds of soliders using the weapon. (Why anyone thought it would not be an issue is beyond me :blink: ) So they tack-welded a little shield thing onto it.

Likewise, the dust cover - originally the SA80 didn't have one, and people were apparently surprised that the working parts kept filling with ###### through this big hole in the side... :unsure:

The A1 didn't have a protector for that release catch - which became a problem within about 30 seconds of soliders using the weapon. (Why anyone thought it would not be an issue is beyond me :blink: ) So they tack-welded a little shield thing onto it.

Likewise, the dust cover - originally the SA80 didn't have one, and people were apparently surprised that the working parts kept filling with ###### through this big hole in the side... :unsure:

I was issued the L85A1 & that didn't have the protector but they retrofitted them a year of so later.It had a dust cover on the side & the one i was issued never really had any issues.

When we patrolled we rested the mag on the right ammo pouch.We religiously checked the mag was still there any time it needed to be raised into the firing position.We kept our left thumbs over the gas affected parts cover & always checked the Bayonet when moving off,especially if we had been prone.How the weapon managed to make it as far as being issued with out those problems being noted i'll never know.My weapon {or rather me} was issued 8 X US M4 mags with the promise that there were specific magazines on the way.

As far as the mag protector goes it's ok on an A1.I'm not bothering with one on my A1 simply because my R85 is configured like the weapon i was issued for all it's faults.

With my A2 i want all the whistles & bells.

To anyone with a SA80 RIS & Magpul AFG

(optic not bothered, SUSAT preferred)

I'd like to see a SA80 + Magpul AFG because I'm tempted to get one for my Tour but I owned a AFG and found it extreamly comfortable (now sold), use the SA80A2 & RIS but didn't try them together.. now I'm thinking buy a AFG if it looks good.. because I got an Army L85 on the way & rail from boom arms.. therefore want to match my RS with Airsoft :nosleep: if you get me?

btw I LOVE the last photos!

Thanks chap!

One that is absolutely gorgeus!!

two I can see that being very comfortable, therefore more usable :rolleyes:

I'm going to order my afg NOW. I cant believe I got rid.. I thaught "Nah!, I wont use it very often, mite as well get my money back" after buying it the week it was released, i sold it to a guy in 1Para * I Never even tried it on the SA80, only AR and a 556 a friend from 101st had got in Texas in november gone. I'll get called ally and such for have shiny bolt-ons but who cares eh? :P

training with differing weapons (Airsoft) and the IW I found the ergonomics of the AFG were perfect for me but I wanted to see the look / if it would fit / leave ris space.

Thank you Panoptes, you serve btw?