SA80 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Evening, has anyone any suggestions as to what lipo (preferably a 7.4) that will fit the Hornbill RIS?

I've tried a spilt 7.4 1400ma pack to no avail both in the ris and in the receiver. Any suggestions or links would be very welcome! :)

I use this battery in mine http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/body_vp15c2s1100cs.html

Found here http://www.component-shop.co.uk/ in the airsoft lipo section 7.4V 1100mAh Cranestock battery

16.5A continuous discharge, 25A burst

2 sections, 102 x 20.6 x 6.4mm weight 50g.

£9.95 each.

& you can attach an alarm found on the same site.The alarm fits in front of the gas block with the battery behind the block & under the barrel.It's quite simple to fit.

I use this battery in mine http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/body_vp15c2s1100cs.html

Found here http://www.component-shop.co.uk/ in the airsoft lipo section 7.4V 1100mAh Cranestock battery

16.5A continuous discharge, 25A burst

2 sections, 102 x 20.6 x 6.4mm weight 50g.

£9.95 each.

& you can attach an alarm found on the same site.The alarm fits in front of the gas block with the battery behind the block & under the barrel.It's quite simple to fit.

Much appreciated! Many thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

all right Gents,

Thought some people might be interested to know that I bought a "WII SUSAT" (thats W-i-i) from ebaybanned. Its actually pretty good and very decent price. I had to fiddle around to get it to sit verticle on my ICS l85, but the eye relief is good (about 10-15mm)from the eye cup (I can wear shooting glasses and see through it perfectly, without it touching the goggles).

I will get some photos of it at some point, although it would seem everyone is ditching the SUSAT for ACOGs (which displeases me).

all right Gents,

Thought some people might be interested to know that I bought a "WII SUSAT" (thats W-i-i) from ebaybanned. Its actually pretty good and very decent price. I had to fiddle around to get it to sit verticle on my ICS l85, but the eye relief is good (about 10-15mm)from the eye cup (I can wear shooting glasses and see through it perfectly, without it touching the goggles).

I will get some photos of it at some point, although it would seem everyone is ditching the SUSAT for ACOGs (which displeases me).

Glasses aren't good enough, what's the eye relief compared to proper goggles?

I Use a SUSAT, a chinese one only because it gives me enough eye relief to use real eye-pro.

Yes.. my understanding of how my words translate to others is failing today.. say again over.

Only bit I meant about the logo was the colouring of your HK sign to correspond with the picture, as in it's nice to see that rather than the red. Was trying to ask about the wear on the surface finish of the rifle.

Ah, righty - no worries. The rifle's in perfect condition. Never scraped, dinged, battered or bashed; it's all hand-weathered. ;) ;) It's actually a little bit 'worse for wear' than the photos show. I'll get to work on the ACOG/Docter/wings later in the week.

Edited by Panoptes

I don't see the point of making "artificial wear" effects. Just USE the damn thing!

There's nothing wrong with having a rifle that looks new. When a real soldier is issued with a new rifle it looks new. And I, for one, like to keep it looking that way for as long as possible. But they inevitably pick up scrapes and dings along the way, and that's okay too.

Well... I skirmish once every four to five weeks. I own around 15 rifles which get used on rotation so none of them would ever get worn to any visible extent. Besides, I'm primarily a collector and weathering adds a great deal of authenticity without actually damaging the gun. Most airsoft replicas look like toys without any wear.

:)

I don't see the point, but frankly there's neither requirement nor necessity for me to see it in order for other people to do so.

I don't actually know exactly how many guns I have but a lot of them do still look very new. I wouldn't ever take sand-paper to them as personally I feel that's just premature degradation of the item that's not necessary and is damaging my own property, but if any airsofter out there wants to do artificial weathering on a rifle they paid for because they enjoy the aesthetic, it doesn't affect me in the slightest bit. A large proportion of this sport/hobby/game is about taking pleasure in the look and feel of our gear and our replicas, so however the individual chooses to enhance that feeling.. well, more power to them.

The problem with adding fake wear is that it looks like fake wear unless you're extremely clever and careful.

But hey - whatever makes you happy. They're your guns, you do what you want with 'em.

Wear or no wear, it's still a great set-up.

Glasses aren't good enough, what's the eye relief compared to proper goggles?

I Use a SUSAT, a chinese one only because it gives me enough eye relief to use real eye-pro.

Fair enough,

Using the issued goggles I can still get a perfectly clear sight picture without the goggles touching the eye cup as well. I tried with my paintball mask, but couldent get to it because of the cheek being so far away from the stock.

The problem with adding fake wear is that it looks like fake wear unless you're extremely clever and careful.

Yeah, I've seen some right pig's ears around the bazaars.

The only two I've never touched is my G36 (difficult to weather polymer anyway) and my VFC HK416 - it's so delicious I simply can't bring myself to do it! :D

Guys just wondering who does the AG SA80 UGL (or grenade launcher) mount on the Star/Ares L85A2? I've finally managed to find one and its currently winging its way to me and I can't find any info on it. Also where does the battery go (the UGL has to be removed to change it, right)?

@ED-SKaR I've the Wii SUSAT from Ebaybanned too and I don't have to press my big *albatross* ESS turbofans against the rear of the sight to use it but because the scope sight so far back (vs on a M4) its not going to give you much room to have your head back. If you've slimmer goggles it should be perfect. Its a great scope by the way, the iron sights are bang too although I had to fiddle with mount to get the scope itself to sight lever (it was slightly tilted to one side).

Guys just wondering how does the AG SA80 UGL (or grenade launcher) mount on the Star/Ares L85A2?

Its a great scope by the way, the iron sights are bang on too

That should be 'how' not 'who', not to mention 'bang on' vs 'bang' oops blink.gif I blame all the coffee I had yesterday...

Edited by ChuckTheBuck

Under the front sight there's a flat-headed screw that goes horizontally through the handguard to hold it in place. Take that out, open top cover, swap handguard for UGL, replace screw.

So it mounts the same way as the normal hand guard and RIS? I was expecting something more robust since they'll be 2kg of metal and plastic hanging off that screw. Cheers for the reply CKinnerley.