SA80 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never, ever, ever seen an SA80 with the foresight left on when the rear sight has been replaced with an optic sight.

And it will be getting in the way of the ACOG, but you'll probably only notice it as a lowering of the brightness, rather than being able to actually see the foresight through the scope.

I've already posted pictures of my ICS L85A2 a while back, and nothing's changed externally. However, I felt the need to post about a recent problem and my fix for it.

Last game the trigger would lock backwards on repetition. I could push it back into position and it would fire again, only to lock in the rearward position again. No problems on automatic. A bit of looking into similar problems indicated a plastic pin in the switch assembly which allowed a small spring to return the trigger to the firing position.

Pretty much every solution involved straight up replacement of the switch assembly. Fair enough, £23 out of pocket. Thought I'd have a bash at fixing it myself first though:

IMG_8003.jpg

Note the small spring in the approximate centre of the picture. This is the spring that returns the trigger to the forward position after firing. At the end of the spring to the left you'll see a shiny piece of metal that I've superglued in place after cutting a couple of grooves into the plastic. This has replaced the plastic plate that has snapped to the immediate left of this piece of metal - a weak point as it's only attached to the hounsing on one side and takes the load of each pull on the trigger - it's bound to fail at some point!

Just thought it was worth posting here in the event someone else experiences the same issue - it'll save you a bit of cash!

Perfectly welcome Ed-Skar, glad that it's of help to someone!

Only thing I would add is that to cut the grooves to hold the piece of metal, the gap between the two sides of the housing is slightly too narrow for your average hacksaw blade.

I managed to drill a small hole in either side, which allowed me to use a hobby knife to scrape away a notch on either side. This gave me the room to use the hacksaw blade.

Edited by Rosco151

It has slight connection to picture thread, but could anybody measure me the L85-SA80 trigger thickness in mms??? I would need it to make my M14 bullpup(plain images gave me info about the shape; but don't gave me the "third dimension").

Nice bullpups there BTW... :yu:

• 2 months later...

Not a fan of that style of rail system, but props getting it on there!

I just mounted the Madbull Daniel Defense clone along with a magpul AFG. My camera is dead, so I'll post photos later.

I would like to ask, what stick lipos are you guys running? My 7.4v 1300mAh 20c sets off my lipo alarm for current over-draw. Need something with more amps and/or higher C rating.

Also, in terms of rail covers, any suggestions? Having a hard time finding short panel covers. I'm thinking of getting some OD ladder covers since they are cheap and I can cut them down.