SA80 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was funny, guess you didn't... My bad....

We all did, hence the replies. Nobody's actually taking a crack at you mate.

I suppose this being a thread with a bit more of a brit military kinda flavour/following the sarcasm is perhaps poured on rather thick compared to most. As per, it's hard to tell online.

I'm using a Guarder SP120 setup that runs fine with every other battery I own. My new problem is the ICS has a bar under the barrel which combined with the R.I.S. means no battery options for me.

I'm considering a PEQ box, but are they even issued to British troops who use L85's?

I'm not sure about the ICS l85, but the Star has a pretty big space above the barrel, inside the reciever. Maybe you could make a custom lipo to fit in there?

The barrel on the ICS screws into the upper reciever, not the lower like the Star/Aries so you can't fit a batt there, given the internals (Trigger unit, magwell and GB) there is no space for a Batt inside the reciever of an ICS:(

I've just (finally) fitted my RIS to my ICS, and I may well have to go with the PEQ box option too, since I have the same problem as morugatu. Plus, the battery connection coming out of the gun is a large tamiya. While the connection is just a minor thing and easliy fixed, it's just another niggle.

I reckon there is space under the barrel inside the RIS for a small lipo, but there's nothing to stop it dangling out of the front of the gun, and battery changes would involve some gun dissassembly, since the bolt that holds the RIS on is under the trigger guard, and since the ICS one doesn't pop off like a real one, I had to take the TMH off just to do the bolt up.

I'm going to have to buy another sling loop as well, since I can't get the loop off the original ICS handguard. That's not much of a problem though, since these days troops are now only using single point slings on the rear loops anyway.

Rogue, the sling hook is easy to get off, see that fake flat head screw opposite it in the hand guard? knock it out with a screw driver (you can always glue it back in with thread lock) and then use a phillips to take the sling hook off. Took me a minute and I figured it out.

Also, I have the same problem with the connector and I'm using a deans. I'm thinking about just putting the wire through the top in that slit where the R.I.S. flips up for access to the fake gas tube assembly.

Thanks for the photos guys! Makes me feel not as lame mounting a PEQ on there! :P