SA80 Picture Thread

Has anybody in the British army been issued the Spectre yet? Photos?

I know that they were putting it through trials and that it was set to replace the SUSAT, but has it actually been issued?

Second story down;

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/exclusives/ausa-winter-symposium/2/

And pictures from Combat & Survival magazine.

34920673.jpg

46033731.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the Specter has started to be issued, here are some pictures on Miltary Photos of Royal Marines training with their USMC counterparts at Camp Bastion recently with Light weight Day Sights (LDS as the Specter is known in British service) fitted to their L85s.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?150728-British-Armed-Forces/page288

Thanks. I know, I havent found any bathroom carpets in foliage green yet. :D

Btw, got some of that Webtex snipertape on my grippod. Stay away from this product. It won't stick to anything. Tried it on the sling too, same result. (Won't stick to itself either..)

Edited by Lajjvo

Hello all, some nice guns here since I last checked in, particularly good to see yours with the RIS fitted there Rogue!

I have a question - After a recent night game at urban, I'm dead set on sorting out some tracer fire and trying to locate any TM Tracer Units in stock in the country. However, am I right in thinking that the ICS L85 flash suppressor is held on by a grub screw and not threaded at all?

If that's the case, the only alternative I'm aware of are the G&P Illuminated M4 mags. Anyone know if these are actually any good? Specifically, do they work well with the ICS L85's (fit and feed, etc...)?

Answers and opinions greatly appreciated!

Rogue - get yourself to Urban! I'm trapped in a one-hour-travel time-bubble here!

I believe the ICS flash hider is not threaded. It is very unfortunate, I wish it was.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, the G&P tracer mags are decent. But not as great as a tracer-suppressor thing. The bbs come out lit, but barely. I believe a couple people just replace the LED bulbs in the mags to make them work better. Again, all this is based off of total memory recall and not prior experience.

I am not sure how they would feed in a ICS L85.

Rosco,

Trying to get to urban, but the dates just haven't really worked out for me lately.

The ICS barrel is indeed not threaded.

DSCN0119.jpg

G&P tracer mags work fine - as long as you're firing on full auto ALL the time. Single shot though is a bit dire really. L85FREAK is right.

Edited by Rogue845

An infantry friend liberated one of those railed handguard for me the other weekend. they arent bad bits of kit. still waiting on him getting me a proper gripod, i'm using my airsoft gripod at the moment on it. unfortunately the handguard wouldn't fit on my STAR SA80 :(

Grim

The sling goes to your optics rail then? Fair enough, "if it works". Probably a slightly better position than the integrated rear sling mount.

Props for doing something other than standard issue to your rail. Where'd you pick up your ELCAN? I've got the fixed 4x which is excellent but I'd like the switchable version.

Guessing you did a straight swap out of your dovetail rail for the picatinny there?

The sling goes to your optics rail then? Fair enough, "if it works". Probably a slightly better position than the integrated rear sling mount.

Props for doing something other than standard issue to your rail. Where'd you pick up your ELCAN? I've got the fixed 4x which is excellent but I'd like the switchable version.

Guessing you did a straight swap out of your dovetail rail for the picatinny there?

Yeah it falls in quite a nice position then:

DSC02586.jpg

Think I grabbed it from RSOV, the quick mount cogs were kind of misshapen though and required a bit of filing to get on properly. Optics are great quality though and the crosshair is nice and crisp. First sight Im worried about getting shot.

Yeah just popped the ICS rail on.

Dont care about it being Gucci, its Magpul cause it works.

Yeah just popped the ICS rail on.

ICS rail? Did your rifle come with one then? Never seen that as an after market part.

Dont care about it being Gucci, its Magpul cause it works.

Shh.. that sounds like common sense. The angry mob hear you say that and they'll drag you away and beat you to death with a wooden AKM stock.