SA80 Picture Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just thought i'd share an upgrade that i did yesterday with my gun. When i originally recieved my Army Armaments R85 from RSOV the cocking handle had been snapped off in transit.

This didn't bother me to much as i intended updating the R85 A1 into an A2. After having all the work done ,i found the only way i could fit an A2 cocking handle was to drill through the bolt carrier plate & fix a dome headed rivet through it.

This caused me a few head aches by the fact that the cocking handle would revolve.After a photo shoot last weekend i finally decided to do something about it.

I ordered the G&G Bolt Carrier Plate from Fire-support yesterday.It arrived this morning & the plate was duely fitted in place.

The only real issue i had was with the connecting plate which holds the Bolt Carrier return spring{for want of a better name } to the bolt carrier plate. I should have used the original fixing, which i eventually did.

The end result is i now have a totally solid A2 cocking handle. The cocking handle is a bit stiff & needs help to return to the closed position but i reckon that will ease off with oil or time.

I can now say i'm truely happy about using my R85 A2.

The G&G Bolt Carrier plate cost me nearly £30 with postage but it's an option if you've broken off your cocking handle.

• 2 weeks later...
You need to polish the cheekpiece shiny and put some cam cream stains on it to match the rest of the weathering. Butpads and pistol grips get very shiny too

Safety catch doesnt weather, its plastic.

yeah i know fella, but wanted to leave that to wear naturaly with use. plus as for the safety catch that wore on its own as the ics is metal.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the ICS the best AEG SA80?

It depends on your point of view. Personally i see very few ICS L85s on the field. The most usual are the G&G or ARES followed by STAR with ICS being the rarest.

Army Armaments are unsurprisingly the most common.

Edited by rolling-thunder
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a question about the Daniel defence by Madbull...

Do they fit on the ICS l85A2 ? Or will I have to do some work to make them fit ?

You will need an adapter like this one http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2flandwarriorairsoft%2ecom%2f&WD=l85&PN=Madbull%2dDaniel%2dDefense%2dL85%2dAdapter%2dfor%2dICS%2dRW_DDL85_ICSKIT%2ehtml