SA80 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

Sadly, I can't put my hands on a real RIS, so maybe you guys know any good RIS that can fit an ARES 1st Gen L85 ?

Darkmikey22 : Your L85 is awesome, where did you find the protective wings for the red dot of your ACOG?

Cheers,

The Hornbill rail should fit on the Ares L85. If I'm not mistaken, the 1st Gen Ares is identical to the Star versions. 

Me and "my boys" all have Hornbill rails on our Star L85's. 

We got all our l85 parts at rsov but it looks like the rail is discontinued, it's not present on their site anymore. 

*Edit* Just brought out my gun to fondle it and remembered some crucial information about mounting the Hornbill ras to the Star l85. The gas-block/sight post must be milled down in order to close the "lid" on the ras. Aprox' 2mm. The mounting "lugs" on the gun that fit into the two holes on the handguard/ras has to be cut down in order to mount the ras. The slingmount and bolt has to be replaced by a longer bolt, as the Ras is wider than the stock handguard.

Minor things one could do with hand tools. The milling part is best addressed with a proper milling machine for a good result. 

Edited by Lajjvo

Hello

Sadly, I can't put my hands on a real RIS, so maybe you guys know any good RIS that can fit an ARES 1st Gen L85 ?

Darkmikey22 : Your L85 is awesome, where did you find the protective wings for the red dot of your ACOG?

Cheers,

thanks very much fella :), yea i got mine at britkit. i tried to buy another one but as stated above, they had all gone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dispite having a few other guns {ok,quite a few} My Army R85 has become my favourite weapon. I haven't actually done anything with the gun for a while until i bought the Ladder Rail covers. It think it looks a lot better now & has great range,outranging 90% of the guns this weekend. I actually noticed that there was a fair few L85s out on the field as well.

Ooops,now with added picture.

8807c8a4-c4eb-40df-a43e-c89b3f19a04c_zps

Edited by rolling-thunder

I'll post some pictures of my gun tomorrow but for now i thought i'd post a picture of my Scope with finished Wing Mount. I've used a Wing Mount sourced from Ebairsoft so i've have to use some Chemical Metal to fill the holes in the wings.It's isn't 100% yet but not bad for my first time using Chemical Metal.

WingMountonScope_zpsf5b3058f.jpg

I took this photo a while back but never got round to posting - my L85. 

Set up for an all-indoors CQB site. I'll admit it's probably not going to win any beauty contests, but it works. 

P1011928_zps8c90fbdc.jpg

Also, if anyone is interested in the length difference between the ICS L85 and the ICS Carbine, I hope this helps. As you can see, the standard L85 is only longer by the length of a flash-hider. Barely any difference to be honest. 

P1011948_zpsea044d71.jpg

• 1 month later...