SA80 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grim: that be a whitefleet 'bombme' bus?

As for no AFVs and Carbines i imagine itss because they are not in general service so dont appeal to airsofters wanitng a pukka impression (and generally an infantry one at that).

AFV was trialled many moons ago by the ATDU unit (my friend was involved with trying em out) and although the lads army liked them the MOD didnt they cost too much to be worthwhile to issue to tankys and the like at the time.

This specific "bombmebus" wasn't part of the "Hertz" white fleet but it was a death trap all the same the bottom of the sliding door want attached to the rail lol. Luckily that weekend my detachments colour sergeant drove me, Liam and John down in 1 of our lannys. but alas now for the rest of our 6 R weekends were traveling in Corporal savages white minibus.

Oh and by the way (Just for the record guys lol) i didn't just find the handgaurd and pocket it. I reported finding it to my Colour Sergeant, then said could i keep it. He said if no one claims it, which they didn't. Seemed fair to me. Problem is now i need the special battery for it seeing as my STAR A2 is the carbine.

Grim

Dunno Gadge, I just like to be different. besides it not like I can't get a longer inner barrel. I was going to get the AG36 launcher as well but thats on the back burner for now. Also its not like a I can't switch it back to its LSW style handguard. Which I might have to do for sunday, because i need the special battery to fit the full hand guards.

Grim

That's because you have those horrid rail adapters :P

why have you got that ?

My ACOG wouldn't fit propperly because of the front bolt wich made it tilt up at the front because it lied on the dovetail. So I got myself a rail adaptor, spended the evening sanding my dovetail to make the adaptor fit, and voila!

The probelm with the STAR susat is that its bit too good for airsoft.

its a very good non tritium copy but that means that to use it properly you have to get your eye right against the eye shield with is a pig in shooting glasses and worse in goggles or full face.

Consequently the site picture is riduclously small. You can counter this by learning to patrol with both eyes open but its not ideal and you have to get used to seeing both sight pictures.

Folk will disagree but i find a 4x scope excessive for uk airsoft you're not going to hit anything at the distance you can see.

a 1x or 2x red dot with a bigger rear apeture although not 'accurate' would have been *much* more useful.

I was going to wait for the G&G Susat (which is due in the next few weeks ) but decided to pick up an Acog anyway , only to get confirmation that a load of Acog units have just been delivered to some regiments for use on the L85-A2 .

I guess that is timing for you :)

I agree Gadge ,4x is way too powerful for airsoft , especially on an AEG which drops short before reaching the begining of the effective range for a 4x scope

Red dots or scopes up to 2.5X mag are perfect unless its for an upgraded sniper rifle with all the bits.

i love the susat, its one of the best bits of replica gear around. people who complain at the eye relief on it are probably the same people that complain about plastic bodied guns not looking realistic enough. everyone wants everything realistic but when a company produce something uber realistic that doesnt really work for airsoft people complain again. you cant have it both ways.

if you like the love of the susat get one and learn to live with the poor eye relief, if you cant learn to live with it, stick to the irons. they still look good.

I think the point is the eye relief is poorer than that of the real deal. Having to compound this with the neccesity of distancing the eye form the rubber pad becasue of goggles only makes it worse.

Having fired both a real one *and* an aeg version i'm positive you get a bigger site pic with the real deal.

Even tkaing the rubber pad off (like you can do on an NBC shoot when eye relief is poor for the real steel) doesnt realy help.

Edited by Gadge

Problem is Gadge you dont find a great abundence of real steel SUSATs on ebay for cheap every day do you, other wise every rifle i own with the exception of my L96 would have a SUSAT. I'm sure i would of found a way to mount it to my M4 lol.

Grim