SA80 Picture Thread

The SA80 is a really crappy weapon. Should have been replaced years ago by H&K instead of the upgrade program. G36 would be a much better option.

But that's not the point. The point is that soldiers aren't normally in a position to modify their issue weapons. Even if they were, they wouldn't risk affecting functionality.

Either way, it's probably not a good idea to argue about what real soldiers do or don't do with people who have been there or are still there.

Edited by Hedganian
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be really crappy weapons if they can't handle a little paint on the triggers!

No the sa80a2 is a great weapon and very good at long ranges. All weapons suffer when paint gets on the trigger as the trigger get sticky and hard to pull and some paints are crosive and wear away the trigger metals.

The SA80 is a really crappy weapon. Should have been replaced years ago by H&K instead of the upgrade program. G36 would be a much better option.

The sa80a2 is a fine weapon and it does the job and does it well. The g36 has more recoil than the sa80 and is longer so not as good for cqb.

But that's not the point. The point is that soldiers aren't normally in a position to modify their issue weapons. Even if they were, they wouldn't risk affecting functionality.

Either way, it's probably not a good idea to argue about what real soldiers do or don't do with people who have been there or are still there.

If you two want to argue which weapon is the best go on the army rumour service ( http://www.arrse.co.uk/)

ok back on topic

Has any one heard about the new gbb sa80 yet? and

has anyone got the knights arm. rails yet for the sa80 is so post a picture please.

matt

Has any one heard about the new gbb sa80 yet? and

has anyone got the knights arm. rails yet for the sa80 is so post a picture please.

matt

WE have officially shelved the GBB saty project.

In other news, i have a roumer that states the mount for the ACOG is a LaRue, but i have yet to find the exact mount. I am still searching :).

WE have officially shelved the GBB saty project.

In other news, i have a roumer that states the mount for the ACOG is a LaRue, but i have yet to find the exact mount. I am still searching :).

Ah intel! Im also still searching, there is a rumour that a site near me is going to set up a custom parts CNC outfit as part of their repairs and mods section. I know what i want....

I have officially expended my search-fu to no sucsess. If anyone can find any info on the scope mount, please let us know.

sad.gif I'll just have to put up with bolting it to a 20mm rail.

Why do you need a 20mm rail for i have seen many acogs with out one just bolted on to the l85 (sa80).

Why do you need a 20mm rail for i have seen many acogs with out one just bolted on to the l85 (sa80).

I believe that just placing on the acog is a bit too low. Yes there are dovetail mounts that come with ACOGs, but placing the 20mm adaptor on the L85 seems to bring the ACOG up to the right level. Most people i know with acogs use the 20mm adaptor.

Shiney Now wheres my spare £400...

Compare the pics and note utter wrongness. That's some B&T number that doesn't bear any likeness to the currently issued 'Daniel Defence' made Mk4...

Please be aware that here may be up to a 6 week lead time if this item is not in stock

Or what they actually mean is; "we don't actually stock this but thought we'd be really 'ally' and say we do. IF you happen to order, we'll scramble to order it in from the manufacturer"

Edited by Panoptes

you know those mounts were only produced in specific batches and shipped with the ACOGS. Outside of getting a real issued ACOG, your chances of aqcuiring an SA80 scope mount are next to zero.

Darkchild

AAAGH, no this is terrible news.

Why havent you told us this sooner ¬.¬

I wonder if i could get someone to machine me one...

nobody asked me. On a lighter note, if you want to be ahead of the curve, get an Elcan Specter, as its the next issue scope being phased in starting end of this year.

ACOGs were always a UOR (urgent operational requirement) and were never going to be fully supported.

Darkchild

It's this one which ED-SKaR is after

Yeah this is the one me and ED-SKaR are after.... Could also do with some RIS tbh :P

And in the picture arent the 2 standing guys in just an older dessie DPM? THe guy up front crouching definitely has something from the trials on

Edited by Pvt Daniel Jackson

I believe theres is no need to that...

is this what you are looking for????

http://www.specshop.pl/product_info.php?products_id=5373&language=en

cheers

Firstly no, thats not what i want, secondly the ICS comes with one of those in the box!

Darkchild, i asked everyone publicly :P. I know the Acog is UOR but i prefer it to the look of the ACOG+ doctor, plus the fact that if i went with an elcan i would still have the same blody problem in that the model the Britarmy are procuring does not have an airsoft replica!!!

Back to square one.

Its from the display for the upgrades, the guy on the left has the old school armour and so on (the simple vest) the guy on the right has osprey and the guy at the front has the new thingymawotsit.

see another picture here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1057767/Revealed-British-soldiers-return-wearing-Tommy-helmet-Army-unveils-new-equipment-infantrymen.html

Darkchild, i asked everyone publicly :P. I know the Acog is UOR but i prefer it to the look of the ACOG+ doctor, plus the fact that if i went with an elcan i would still have the same blody problem in that the model the Britarmy are procuring does not have an airsoft replica!!!

Back to square one.

Buy specter, put doctor sight on top. This is literally what the MOD are doing. The specter model is the older one with a fixed x4 mag (we didnt go for the variable magnification variant as it failed the cold weather trial and the adjusting levers snapped off on some examples).

As for the Doctor red dot, its screwed in top with a little machined bracket (and not very well machined, i might add), would still be easier to achieve than getting an ACOG sight mount.

When i get my Airsoft L85 (still waiting for ARES to send it) im just getting an specter and not bothering with the red dot.

Darkchild