SA80 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly no, thats not what i want, secondly the ICS comes with one of those in the box!

then I'm sorry my mistake.

but the ICS L85A2 does not come with one of those in the box!

I have one... in order to put a Acog or other red-dot on it I had to get one of those or another that comes with the red-dot...

cheers

then I'm sorry my mistake.

but the ICS L85A2 does not come with one of those in the box!

I have one... in order to put a Acog or other red-dot on it I had to get one of those or another that comes with the red-dot...

cheers

Ahh, my L86A2 came with a rail adapter in the box, one i will have to use for the acog, i still prefer the acog to elcans :).

Did someone say L85+ACOG :)

ICS L85 with a few upgrades, all internal except for the STAR RIS rail and ACOG.

Hard to see from this angle but I have a Trigger Master MkIII mosfet installed, took me 4 months to figure out why it wasn't working any involved having to remove the upper connectors entirely and modify the lower trigger mech quite significantly but now I have an almost instant semi auto thanks to the ICS Turbo 3000 motor and an electronically controlled rof in full auto, sits around 740RPM which isn't a million miles off the real thing - a big lipol would probably make the semi auto response 'perfect'.

I just need to test it now as I have a PDI 6.05 installed in there with a black H bucking araldited to a reprofiled hop arm and a madbull blue rubber in there too, with any luck I'll be able to use .28s in it effectively for some long range thwackage.

post-4263-12708472226524_thumb.jpg

Some pics of my pair of L85s both are star, one is a L85A2 Rifle with UGL and the other is a L85A2 Carbine with a rile handguard and outer barrel though totally able to revert to original weapons.

The L85/UGL has Panoptes HK markings applied to the rear of the weapon looking at getting an Elcan as the next addition.

None of the parts on the rifles are real so they are totally within the law, just how I like them.

The UGL is wicked and so similar to the 40mm it is modelled off, Id say that this feels heavier than a real one but I will have to weigh a fully loaded real one to get the answer.

post-18525-12711781391068_thumb.jpg

O god Panoptes and darkchild are going to be the ones to look out for as I know darkchild will nick stuff to bolt on to his sa80 and panoptes will try and go one better bring on the sa80 wars :D. I cant wait. panoptes if you dont mind me asking but how much did the dd ris cost?

and one more thing

I HATE YOU ! ! ! ! !

Beautiful rifle you have there Panoptes.

Now at the risk of getting flamed by the magpul/AFG fanboys,I have to say that the AFG looks horribly uncomfortable to me. I keep shouldering my R85 and placing my hand in the position where it would be if the AFG was in place and it makes my whole left arm feel awkward.

How does it work for you?

I think that due to the bullpup design the trigger and pistol grip are too close to the foregrip to get a comfortable stance.

Cheers. smile.gif

Well, no two shooters are the same physically and it works very well for me. No flames from me; I don't buy into the Costa 'long reach' pish or whatever they call it. It's whatever works for the firer. It's positioned more or less where I would hold the regular grip anyway. Anyhoo - we're wandering into RS territory now.

smile.gif

Edited by Panoptes