SA80 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did any one else see our old friend Dark Child on Disovery channel just then on Frontline Battle Machines? Demonstating the SA80 to the presenter and supervising him firing it.

Grim

bugger, i'm rumbled! I should be on quite a few episodes, as we filmed segments for every dismounted infantry weapon.

The presenter didn't have a clue, safety was very tightly controlled, he literally picked the weapons up, pulled the trigger and put them down. All other drills were conducted by me.

I hope I didnt come across too badly on camera!

Darkchild

i'm glad you think so, as none of it was scripted or rehearsed. The bloke just turned the camera on said "tell me about the weapon."

As for everything else here's a little fact for you. The MOD has introduced more pieces of equipment into the military in the last 2 years than it did in the 15 years before it.

Darkchild

And still the binos used by our OP predate the 2nd World war ha ha. Atleast all this new equipment is benefitting the lads out on tour. I currently have a close mate out there at the moment. Looking forward to seeing him back on leave before xmas though. I think a few cold beers will be in order and a watch of frontline battle machines ha ha.

Grim

They seem to feed ok at the moment but they don't sit quite right in the magwell (too much wiggle room). However a folded up piece of card seems to do the trick and you can still drop the mag out easily so I'm going to superglue a strip of plasticard inside the magwell which should make it sit perfectly :)

Thanks for the spoon feeding on getting it to fit Pan, it was a pain in the *albartroth* to get it to fit for some reason :S

THe photos I've seen of the mount being used for the elcan look pretty much identical to the Ares 20mm rail adapter, I'm more worried about the actual elcan because I don't think we're going to be using the spectre.

That's a good point though, I'm sure I've seen dr sights on top of airsoft specters but none of the ones I've found for sale have rails on the top?

Kojak in the AR-15 thread bodged one on there for his SOPMOD Block II gun, the RS doesn't actually attach via 20mm rail. Unfortunately the holes for the screws in the replica Docters available don't really line up with the holes in the Spectre, so it's a case of cracking out the chewing gum and paper clips. The optic we'll likely end up getting will be a bit different to what's available on the airsoft market right now sadly, so it's a case of either waiting it out or spending money again later when someone releases something more accurate.

God don't let this turn in to the AK thread, it's bad enough having 1 platform where everyone moans and cries about it if you actually try and get your gun roughly in keeping with the times. In comparison to the likes of the AR-15 there really was *fruitcage* all you could do to change an L85 before the new set of upgrades came in, the scope for customisation has increased significantly now, don't knock it.