SA80 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe my '80 is now worth putting up here:

1021156lr3.th.jpg

Don't ask where to get one of the maglites from, it took me months to find one. It took about 5 seconds to get the maglite to fit. The muzzle cover took a bit longer as I needed to remove a metal ring from around the muzzle.

OMG, that is #*&!^#$*@^# beautiful :D

If you cant tell us where to find it, can you tell us what it's called? (unless there isn't a specific name for this retina destroying beauty)

OMG, that is  #*&!^#$*@^# beautiful :D

If you cant tell us where to find it, can you tell us what it's called? (unless there isn't a specific name for this retina destroying beauty)

It doesn't appear to have any particular name, but I've heard to it referred as an 'H&K Maglite Mount' as well as the SA80 Maglite

If you're searching ebay try SA 80 or maglight as well as the usual spellings.

Did it fit without modification?

Yup, a bit tight on the rail and the locking button doesnt quite go all the way down so i might have to open up one of the locating holes in the rail but the screw down locking plate on the rail holds it firm enough for airsoft use as it is

it's not an A2 forend ,the A2 foreend slopes down at the front at the lower end and the vents are much larger and more rectangular .

trust me when you see one you will notice the differance

Wasn't that a prototype handguard? I thought they scraped that in the end, as every picture I've seen of the L85a2 being used it has the original handguard

it's not an A2 forend ,the A2 foreend slopes down at the front at the lower end and the vents are much larger and more rectangular .

trust me when you see one you will notice the differance

Has Any one got picture to compare the 2 foregrips? I would just look at the A2s when im in the armourt at the TA but seeing as i have only just joined i wont be going in there just yet lol and im to impatient to wait and see lol. (Besides i cant compare it to my STAR A2 because i have the carbine version with the L86 LSW foregrip.

Grim

Holy bejaysus, that image is hooge, sorry about that, just linking from a google search for l85a2. {Fixed by just putting in the image address}

Grim the address for the A2 picture is http://ct.pbase.com/u38/kevbelcher/large/24979811.005_2A.jpg

Or you could just google for L85A2 images ;)

Did'nt realis that image had been up there for so long, oh well here's hoping they bring it out soon and it's compatible with the blowback kit

Edited by Sao

Nightfire your not the only one i cant see any of the pics either and the link says im not authorised to see the page (stuoid internet lol) As for googling ive looked but seeing as i dont know what the A2 grip is like i cant find it lol i think im going blind lol.

Grim

Nightfire your not the only one i cant see any of the pics either and the link says im not authorised to see the page (stupid internet lol) As for googling ive looked but seeing as i dont know what the A2 grip is like i cant find it lol i think im going blind lol.

Grim

same here :)