SA80 Picture Thread

Nightfire your not the only one i cant see any of the pics either and the link says im not authorised to see the page (stuoid internet lol) As for googling ive looked but seeing as i dont know what the A2 grip is like i cant find it lol i think im going blind lol.

Grim

There's pictures of both here. A1 is the second one down. A2 is third.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
These particular mags are made by Easy Company (hold like 350 or something). I just got them and haven't has any action yet to test their quality/reliablity or anything. They are a nicer, tighter fit than standard CA/ICS/TM/etc brand M16 mags.

On the follow-up note, I got to test the mags out recently. The mags look and fit better but their feeding quality was not up to par with other types of M4/16 mags. I am using a 11.1v lipoly so that has to do something with it...but to what extent, I'm not sure. I can to get out a burst of 6 or 7 BBs before the gun starts to dry fire on that burst. I'm going to try disassembling the mags, cleaning, and lubing. Hope it helps.

Edited by cjfield1129

Does anyone else find their mags are loose in the housing?

my star mags are a little loose & wobbly and the Guarder HK style hicaps i got to go with it are very loose and can be pulled off the weapon without releasing the catch

<_<

AFV batteries are an absolute pain to fit/remove

apart from this very very happy with my new baby :)

Edited by Voodoo1
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's one to take you right back - so far in fact I don't know whether to put this here or in the "Guns you'd never show section".

It's an all plastic model kit springer bought in 1985 and assembled by me. It was SO bad it hardly got any use at all, so it sat upstairs in my loft for years and years till I found it the other day. It's all original, apart from the dust.

SA80_1.jpg

Yup it's an A1, but then again this old, what else would it be?

SA80_2.jpg

Lovely plastic SUSAT with absolutely no internals at all - then again it's so wobbly it'd never hold an aim anyway.

SA80_mag.jpg

The only clue to the maker a tiny LS on the mag - and those really are the last 3 of the 50 plastic BBs that came with it 21+ years ago.

So either I've got something very rare which I should sell on e-bay for £££s or it's a POS plastic model kit to put back in the attic.

• 2 weeks later...

whichever you prefer, really.. STAR are nice, but so is G&G.. and lots of people complain cause of bad internals on the G&G but really if you don't mind a little down time with the gun then it's not an issue really cause G&G's customer service is awesome, if your gun gets a problem they will send you replacement parts, so i guess thats the cheaper option.. but if you dont want to be constantly worried about your gun ###### out mid-game, then go for STAR, but then STAR internals arent the best by any means either..

If you choose the G&G... Get the "normal piston kit" instantly... saves a lot of money...

And throw that blowback mechanism as far as you can out of a driving car at 120 kmh (preferably whilst driving over a gorge or bridge...).

please ;)

Is that easy to fit? I'm *beep* at messing with AEG's, my local airsoft shop (6mil) love me cause I break mine if I open them and have to buy new ones lol

Joking aside, what's the issue with the 'blowback'?

Here's one to take you right back - so far in fact I don't know whether to put this here or in the "Guns you'd never show section".

http://www.faithspace.co.uk/uploads/SA80_1.jpg

Yup it's an A1, but then again this old, what else would it be?

http://www.faithspace.co.uk/uploads/SA80_2.jpg

Lovely plastic SUSAT with absolutely no internals at all - then again it's so wobbly it'd never hold an aim anyway.

http://www.faithspace.co.uk/uploads/SA80_mag.jpg

The only clue to the maker a tiny LS on the mag - and those really are the last 3 of the 50 plastic BBs that came with it 21+ years ago.

Hmm, looks ALOT like the springer L85 I had back in the day, made by M&W toystar. Mag was exactly the same as that one, with the same markings. Very interesing

Is that easy to fit? I'm *beep* at messing with AEG's, my local airsoft shop (6mil) love me cause I break mine if I open them and have to buy new ones lol

Joking aside, what's the issue with the 'blowback'?

When you don't know gearboxes you should learn, or let your shop do it ;)

If you would have digged into the forums about the G&G L85 you should know what the blowback is all about :D

G&G L85 broken

Disabling L85 blowback

G&G L85 blowback solution

Nice pics psycho.devil. Where did your fire selector go?

I made a new pic ^^ OK it's digital revised

I don't have the counterpart to the selector, but I will make one in time.

by the way: it was hard to get the patches and the beret badge. I got them from UK ^^ Thanks to great britain :D

Edited by psycho.devil
The 921 and 916 "PistonMuncher" from Wilcard's pic in action.  :rolleyes:

(And oh.... Where was Hans :P)

P1020400%20(Large).JPG

If your gonna impersonate my former unit please do it properly. Get your combat jacket drawcord tightened and tucked under....your wearing yours like a pongo.

Its so you can drop empty mags down front of your jacket during a firefight and not lose them....its quicker and easier. Oh and also because it makes us look all smart

I wont go into the other stuff cus the jacket is the one that stands out most to me. Just tryin to help you out

My old Spring SA80 with a strip of RIS attached and my M203 off my M4, Don't know why i did this i was just having a bit of fun currently the old spring SA80 had front pillar grip and a torch attached to it. I would of done this to me STAR SA80 but its the carbine version so i has the LSW(L86) fore-grip instead.

Picture19.jpg

Picture20.jpg

Sorry about picture quality my web-cam is crappy. Hopefully ill get some pics up of me an Cougar when we skirmish next me with my STAR SA80A2 Carbine and Cougar with his G&G SA80A1.

Grim

If your gonna impersonate my former unit please do it properly. Get your combat jacket drawcord tightened and tucked under....your wearing yours like a pongo.

Its so you can drop empty mags down front of your jacket during a firefight and not lose them....its quicker and easier. Oh and also because it makes us look all smart

I wont go into the other stuff cus the jacket is the one that stands out most to me. Just tryin to help you out

My jacket is actually tucked in :D (I'm walking in the back). But thanks, i'll make sure he tucks his jacket next time ;)