Re-Setting M203 Shells

Victory

With mine I unscrew then slightly (not too much or else you'll release the bearings inside) and the valve clicks back into place.

Another thing is to stick something like a paperclip up inside the whole in the trigger button.

If you do ever end up releasing the bearings, best thing is to use some silicon grease in the holes they come out from.

That will hold the bearings in place so you can put it back together

Don't you need to push them in totally straight? I forked out for the mosquito molds reloading tool for that very purpose [is stupid] I guess I got conned ???

Pushing the button straight in with anything except this tool has never worked for me, I have to use the tool to get it totally straight. They just never reset otherwise ...

The tool thing itself is just a cylindrical pokey with a dimple in the centre to fit in the hole in the middle of the resetting button - the dimple secures the button centrally and ensures the button mechanism is pushed evenly and in a perfectly straight and central line into the shell - I was under the impression this was of paramount importance???

I always try to tell people to go madbull, but there are still these floating around, so the knowledge in their operation should still be shared. Some of these newer ones that came out post-madbull are a little better, but if it's an old one look out. FYI, madbulls use bearings too, they just engineered their valves and o-rings better so you may never have to see them!

Or take Inferno's advice to put the bearings back in

http://infernogmbh.iwarp.com/photo6.html  go to almost the bottom of the page.

Unfortuantely gravity tends to make the bearings roll out from the valve, unless you hold it perfectly horizontal.

Silicon grease overcomes this.

Archived