"The Unit"-TV series

SFOD-D

I haven't found it anywhere else so I hope this is new intel. There is gonna be a new TV series at CBS about "a group of elite soldiers" which is based on experiences and book of CSM Eric Haney who was one of the founding members of (what most people call) Delta Force.

Seems to be a nice little series, although Europeans will have to wait until the end of 2007 to see it... :wide-eyed:

Do American channels put their programs on-line at all? On the BBC, quite often now you can watch a streaming video of a program after it's aired. I watched Series 2 of The Mighty Boosh this way. The quality was dubious, but it's something I hope we see more of :)

• 1 month later...
I haven't found it anywhere else so I hope this is new intel. There is gonna be a new TV series at CBS about "a group of elite soldiers" which is based on experiences and book of CSM Eric Haney who was one of the founding members of (what most people call) Delta Force.

Seems to be a nice little series, although Europeans will have to wait until the end of 2007 to see it... :wide-eyed:

Presumably they miss out Eagles Claw then...

Yo have to question how 'elite' a group of soldiers is that manages to loose three men and aborts its mission beofre it has actualy arrived yet.

Ive found some info on it here for ya.

Click here

:D

wtf, mate, a zombie game? what is this fiendish chicanery?

OnTopic: Okay, so it's not really a fictional special forces unit - it's Rangers, but I was expecting (judging from the ads where they're shown packing with civy clothes) that it was more like a DEVGRU/Delta thing -

they've even got ACUs...but the producers weren't arsed enough to give the actors some super-1337 geardo gear... :)

just watched premiere - was pretty good - contrasts both life at home and out in the field - also a pretty creative takedown (in my eyes) of the yahoos in the plane (I was thinking line up a bunch of snipers armed with AS-50s and use the power of said round to knock out terrorists all simultaneously.

(wait, okay, there was one hooligan sitting with a hostage...)

After watching "The Unit" I'm convinced that the answer to terrorism is Haysbert brandishing a 1911. :rolleyes:

Ah well, at least "The Shield" was on immediately after. Perhaps "The Unit" will get better but I wasn't impressed. Or they could combine the shows into "The S.H.I.E.L.D. Unit" and it could be about the Marvel Comics entity. Haysbert could play Nick Fury!

• 6 months later...

Archived