tm P226 hammer PIC request

FUmiYAsu

Hi,

I've recently brought a P226 that needs fixing... initially I thought it's the mag catch worn too much. So the seal between the mag and nozzle is not tight enough. resulting in poor gas efficiency. However, after trying to fix it with eproxy resin and switching it to the left handed position, slight improvements were observed but still not quite what I would expect to be full performance. Looking closer at the problem is seems that when the slide is back during blowback, quite a lot of gas vent out in the ejection port. Upon closer inspection at the hammer, I found that it might be the problem. The top of it might have been worn too much and so it only gets cocked when the slide is at the end of the blowback. Hence the hammer pin is in the "in" position for too long and wastes gas. However, this is still a theory. Could anyone take a pic of a TM P226 hammer like so:

CIMG1305.jpg

So that I can compare my hammer with a normal one. The main area that I want to see is the top left hand corner of the hammer in this pic. It would be very helpful if anyone can take a pic for me...

thanks.. :)

o, and I will give a +1 rep to anyone who is helpful.. ie taking the pic

Archived