Completely new!

merlin6823

Hi guys,

Thinking of getting into this crazy sport and wanted some opinions on the weapons i'm thinking about please. Of anyone has one, or can point me in the right direction for reviews/info etc I would be very grateful. Im ex-infantry so pretty much know what i'm doing with weapons and tactics so thats not an issue.

G&P CQBR with G&P aimpoint replica as a longarm.

SV Infinity Limited 6in WA as a sidearm.

Would these be recommended by anyone?

Im thinking of getting them from Wolf armories in Camden, might try and pop in to see them in a few weeks time.

Thanks for the help chaps,

Mart

P.S Is there any good sites/teams in the East Anglia region

hey dude.

im not too clued up on those particular weapons myself - not something im interested in.

but as for wolf armouries - i wouldnt order from them. they are overly expensive and dont offer a good warranty.

good shops are

www.zerooneairsoft.com

www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk

www.airsoftscotland.com

www.fire-support.co.uk

some of those addresses may be slightly wrong, but thats the jist. they are pretty much the best there are. DONT ORDER FROM AIRSOFT DYNAMICS.

as for sites in EA - myself and a few others on the forum are from Norwich and Great Yarmouth. whereabouts are you? the closest place is Gunman (soon to be Mission) Airsoft in Tuddenham, just past Thetford towards Cambridge. they also run another site just on the other side of Cambridge. also Urban Assault in peterbrough. there aren't any places closer than this though.

edit - i spell like a norfolk farmer ;)

If you look in the top right hand corner of this page there is a link to the review database. There is probably the review you want in there :)

Edit: S_W beet me to it.

Edit 2: Ignore me, there aren't reviews for either of those guns in the review database.

Dont worry, I did check first in here for reviews! ;)

Im from Haverhill in Suffolk, so not at all far from Tuddenham, which is handy!.

Thanks for the info on Wolf armories, just that the web-site looked very good and I thought they were one of the leading places to go, so appreciate that input buddy.

Thanks, an maybe see you about fairly soon...

Mart

for sure dude. that site at Tuddenham is an old Lancaster base, surrounded by woodland, scrubland and a big hill. very nice site. Mission Airsoft (check my sig) take over the site under Gunmans name on the 11/12 of march, its the first game as Mission. well worth a look.

check out the A-TAK forum in the team forums. thats the majority of people from Tuddenham who are from round here.

wolfs site is good looking, but you nee to check prices out and warranties - very important, especially if you dont know how to fix your own gun. onyl problem i can see is some sites might not carry the G&P weapons.

hey chap welcome to the sport, if your not too bothered about a bit of a car journey why not join us crazy suffolk folk at ravens airsoft just outside of ipswich, its woodland skirmish and totally nuts

the guy who runs it and the regulars really know their stuff too and everyone who comes along really gets in there and has a blast

www.ravensairsoft.co.uk

Thanks mate, sounds like a plan...

Just gonna have to wait until my mortgage money comes through and will then buy some kit and come up. Its not that bad a car journey, less than an hour.

Good to hear there is plenty around the suffolk area, what with Tuddenham, Ipswich etc...

Is there a web site for this Raven site?

Thanks buddy,

Mart

yes - Ravens

i went there for my first game over a year ago, and obviously really enjoyed it.

i keep meaning to go back again, as apparently the site is a lot better now, but Ravens weekends seem to run the same as Gunman/Mission ones, and the latter is where i am part of the hometeam, so i never get a free weekend to go to ravens.

if raven did full weekenders, it would be awesome. for me driving to ipswich for 6 hours play is a bit extreme. gunman/mission does weekenders friday to sunday, so the trip is well worth it.

Jason... only problem i find with ravens nest is theres ALOT of waiting in between games, so much so i had a little nap last time i was there.

only thing that puts me off that site:

[]To much waiting between games

[]Ricochets dont count, and its a dense woodland so you have to get a direct hit to make it count which can be very hard, spesh when u only have one shot :P

Thanks mate, sounds like a plan...

Just gonna have to wait until my mortgage money comes through and will then buy some kit and come up.  Its not that bad a car journey, less than an hour.

Good to hear there is plenty around the suffolk area, what with Tuddenham, Ipswich etc...

Is there a web site for this Raven site? 

Thanks buddy,

Mart

Mortgage money!!!!

That's the spirit, don't waste it on a house.

I wouldn't go for A G&P AEG as your first gun. They are a bit...tempermental. Great gun, but takes a lot of continuous love and work to get it there.

A WA is not, again, a good idea for a first GBB. Overly Expensive and touchy.

A Good Starter AEG would be any TM AEG EXCEPT THEIR ARMALITE OR MP5 series AEGs.

You'll also need a Battery (size dependant on the AEG you will buy) and a charger.

Oh, and A PROPER FACEMASK/EYE PROTECTION IS A MUST. I cannot emphasize this enough.

A good begginer Sidearm is a HFC m190 full metal, or the KWA Glock 19 with metal slide from AA. 65 quid and a warranty, apparently.

Hope that helps. I'll be watching this thread to answer any questions you may have, and feel free to PM me for anything.

Thanks for being so polite. We need more new people like you on the forums.

i can what screamin means, although most of the time we are swapping tales of doom and how we unleashed a superb flank etc etc, i can see where screamin is coming from on the drive for six hours play,id like to try out a couple of other sites but living in ipswich kinda makes ravens perfect, maybe later in year i will venture further a field. however im not sure if the site will run a full weekend in the summer,but sounds like a good idea i think they have done it before.

hope to see you there one day everyone is very welcome.

i will return oen day, im sure.

DL - the guy obviously has a good bit of cash to spend if hes looking at a G&P rifle. obviously he also wants an Armalite.

its gotta be CA or ICS then.

yes TM are good and reliable, but not the armalites. he wants an armlaite, and is obviously wiling to spend the cash on a decent gun.

If your aftert those sorts of weapons, id recomend the KJ full metal para ord, 98 at www.airsoftscotland.co.uk and a ics m4 at the same store, or failing that, a tm hicapa 5.1 and a ics m4 at zerooneairsoft.co.uk <--cheaper and brill service

infact, as a noobie, get a fullstocked m15a4 carbine... youll need a 3300 at least for noobie fullauto mayhem... have a brouse, and check em both out... the g&p and WA is too much for a beginer i think, you need to know your way around a mechbox for the G&P...

happy hunting

I'd say:

CA M15 series

Good points:

- Stock is 1J (or very close)

- Comes in a lot of different varieties, CQB/R, S.P.C., A2 and A4 as well as RIS and carbine variants

- Everything internally is re-inforced

- Comes with a hicap as standard

- FULL METAL CONSTRUCTION. Really, solid as a horse coated in concrete.

- Authentic Laser-engraved Armalite trademarks.

Bad points:

- The dustcover doesn't flip open when you pull the charging handle.

- The hop-up rubber is a bit poo, but this might have been fixed in the latest versions. Also, the replacement parts are very cheap.

- You may get a lemon, but buy from somewhere with a warrenty and this becomes a moot point.

ICS M4/M16 series

Good points:

- Nice two-piece Gearbox, for when you get a bit furher down the road and want to upgrade

- Stock is again, almost 1J

- Re-inforced internals

- Working Forward assist that resets the gears and decompresses the spring to fix some types of jam.

- The reciever is gray, some like it.

- Comes with a hicap as standard.

- Apparently a little more accurate than the CA.

- Full Metal construction - Just as solid as the M15, although it's a little lighter, suggesting that perhaps it's not quite as strong as the CA body.

- The dustcover does open when the charging handle is pulled.

Bad points:

- Foregrip is terrible, brittle and cheap-feeling, also prone to falling off.

- Plastic bushings, which self-destruct after a few thousand rounds, whereas the CA comes with metal bushings.

- The reciever is 10mm too long.

- The dustcover is sometimes veeeeeeeeery sensitive and springs open all the time.

- The hop-up rubbers on ICS m16/m4s are atrocious. However, the replacement parts are very cheap.

As for a sidearm:

HFC M190 Full Metal (compensated or normal)

Good points:

- Cheap

- Accurate, and the compensated version even more so.

- Full metal, so it'll take whatever you throw at it and tell you to hit it harder.

- The magazines are more gas-effecient than other M9s.

- Rubberized grips are nice.

- Fixed hop-up means nice, consistent and accurate groupings.

- Great range for a pistol.

- GBB action imitates a real pistol, and brings a big smile to the face.

Bad points:

- The trademarks are not realistic, although they are not in anyway essential to the function of the gun and are not painted in, so are inconspicous to all but the most anally-retentive people.

- The gun is finished in a unusual grey "gunmetal" or "Pakerised" colour. Some like it, some don't. Under flourescent lights or camera flashes, the gun sometimes appears slightly green. It isn't in real life.

KWA G19:

Good points: - From Wolf Armouries it comes with a metal slide pre-installed.

- Good Accuracy

- Cheap

- Simple design is hard to *fruitcage* up

- Parts are plentiful

- Adjustable Hop-up

- Is compact

- Is GBB too.

Bad points:

- Some don't like the whole glock look.

- Some people don't like the size.

There we go.

Archived