German KSK loadout?

stuka

KasrkinCK, cheers for that nice list that you managed to compile I'm sure it will come in handy as I build up my gear :D

Weapons wise my primary weapon for this loadout will be an MP5SD5/6, I also plan to pick up a Maruzen type 96 and convert it to a G22 AWM :D in the distant future

Uniform will consist of a standard Flecktarn shirt and Pants(kommando style), with a bundesewhr helmet, an assualt vest, and probably a boonie when I go sniper :D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aaa2cj.jpg

A pic from militaryphotos.net

I'll probably be doing a temperate version of one of those guys in the near future.

(without the Flecktarn pattern vest though, because I want one vest I can use with CADPAT and fleck so I'm just getting a TT MAV, which I'm sure if a KSK wanted to use he could. :) )

BTW the guy second from the left is wearing a fleck top and trop trousers.

I'll probably be doing a temperate version of one of those guys in the near future.

(without the Flecktarn pattern vest though, because I want one vest I can use with CADPAT and fleck so I'm just getting a TT MAV, which I'm sure if a KSK wanted to use he could. :) )

Well you should hurry up then because they are currently testing new patterns ;-)

No joke, there have been many requests from the KSK

for a more specialized Desert Camouflage Uniform.

And here we go :

BW_desert_BDU.jpeg

This is the one and only existing pic (from 2004) of the new "trial" pattern going to the KSK for field testings.

It´s a 3 col. flecktarn version consisting of three lighter brownish colours. Note there is more green .

But the real Big Bang is that it seems that they are also testing a

NEW standard Flecktarn Version as well!!! :blink:

All we know so far is: NO more black included , less brown and more green appearance....

there are no pics released yet.

According to various sources it´s also very likely that german Federal Police Counter Terrosrist Forces and may be "other" Special Forces as well are currently testing some of the new Hyperstealth camos.

That looks like desert pink! the same pink used on the British "Pink Panthers"! I like the whole BDU setup! zippers... shoulder pockets...

edit

Now all we have to wait for is the TM G36K KSK version; with MP7 sights, K barrel, C stock, New Rail handle, and new flash hider... :P (I kid!)

Don`t want to go off topic but it really should be TM`s next step after making the MP7

Righty, I've done some researching into this and here's what I've found so far....

Weapons

G3 is not the standard, might sometimes be used as counter-sniper weapon with scope, but certainly not a common sight.

Standard G36 version is the G36k, so if you want a recognisable KSK impression you'll need that ;) .

Head Gear

Again, the standard issue & recognisable is the paratrooper helmet. You can get them, but it ain't cheap.

There are some videos showing them with field caps on a training exercise ;) .

Clothing

The "untucked" trousers are not the standard issue ones. Commonly refered to as KSK trousers, that's the way they are supposed to be worn - see page 1 :) .

As for flak vest: if you are refering to the normal flak vests than no, these are not worn - they got some bullet-proof ones manufactured by Mehler: http://img414.imageshack.us/img414/1904/stuff0025dr.jpg

Backpack-wise the standard is the Berghaus Cyclops with flecktarn cover: cyclopslg.jpg

Webbing/Vest

Most often seen on pictures, thus being the most recognisable, is the KSK vest:

ksk_grund_vorder1.jpg

You mistake me, I did not say the G3 was the standard. Just that they seem to still like to use the G3 at times. And no wander, it is a good weapon.

The "untucked" trousers are not the standard issue ones. Commonly refered to as KSK trousers, that's the way they are supposed to be worn

Agreed. There are some pictures of bundeswehr soldiers with their trousers tucked into their boots, most notable in a website I found where they were showing off to some American soldiers. I merely wanted to clear that up for anyone who was reading. :)

Backpack-wise the standard is the Berghaus Cyclops with flecktarn cover

Aye, the 65l rucksack. Filled up it's a heavy bugger. I carried my G36 around my local city (stock folded, barrel and handguard removed) for a day in mine. Once dragged it around half the country full of equipment and a sleeping bag. These things can carry a helluva lot and they're well worth the money.

And that vest, they don't come cheap. Just had a quick look at them. Blimey.

As for the flak vest, many thanks for the clear up (as I said, only went by looking at photos). Do you have any sources as to what kind they are? Quite curious now.

And that vest, they don't come cheap. Just had a quick look at them. Blimey.

Here is a Flecktarn vest, looks alot like those ones on flecktarn.co.uk but quite a bit cheaper.

Well you should hurry up then because they are currently testing new patterns ;-)

But the real Big Bang is that it seems that they are also testing a

NEW standard Flecktarn Version as well!!! :blink:

All we know so far is:  NO more black included , less brown and more green appearance....

there are no pics released yet.

According to various sources it´s also very likely  that german Federal Police Counter Terrosrist  Forces and may be "other" Special Forces as well are currently testing some of the new Hyperstealth camos.

yet another reason for not getting a Flecktarn pattern vest, so when/if the germans do phase out flecktarn I can go straight to my Swedish coastal ranger loadout :D

No! They can't phase out flecktarn and tropentarn!! Honest to god, there will be no reason for me to live at all then.

Don´t panic :) It´s just a trial yet. And you know that this has nothing to say and the end of the day ;)

This pic is from 2004 and now nearly 2 years old....there are certain rumours that the new FT versions both "green" and "desert" have been worn by KSK members in Calw. But as long as we haven´t seen any proof pictuers ....I wouldn´t worry to much ? ;)

The german army is still very buerocratic and usualy things are going not that fast ;)

Looking at the history of FT in germany you can see that.

Decision to introduce Flecktarn was made in the late 70ies

In 1987 first trials started

In 1989/90 the field testings started

So you see ...a long way to go

BW_desert_BDU.jpeg

This is the one and only existing pic (from 2004) of the new "trial" pattern going to the KSK for field testings.

It´s a 3 col. flecktarn version consisting of three lighter brownish colours. Note there is more green .

Compare that to a picture of CADPAT AR - note the similarity of the colours? Were they perhaps influenced by the Canadians they met in Afghanistan? :D

caccs2na500b.jpg

Hey - I just bought one of those from Gordon!  Its BRILLIANT!!!  :D

I believe its made by KHS? or atleast I saw a similar one on the KHS website.

I was looking at getting one, got a question, could you wear a fairly large pack with it?

Also could you fit MP5 mags in its pouches?

I believe its made by KHS? or atleast I saw a similar one on the KHS website.

Its actually made by a company called MMB. Its a lower cost copy of the KHS vest.

I was looking at getting one, got a question, could you wear a fairly large pack with it?

Yes - you can also attach a zip on / zip off rucksack side pocket or any kind of MOLLE-type pockets.

Also could you fit MP5 mags in its pouches?

Don't know - probably. I don't use an MP5.

Its actually made by a company called MMB.  Its a lower cost copy of the KHS vest.

Yes - you can also attach a zip on / zip off rucksack side pocket or any kind of MOLLE-type pockets.

Don't know - probably.  I don't use an MP5.

Sounds good, god I wish I won the lottery...

JKT-1, do you have a website that sells that vest? I was hoping to maybe get it later on, and was hoping there was a place besides Ebay to get it from.

No, not that particular one. I've actually decided to sell mine though - there's nothing wrong with it or anything, its just a bit too big through the chest and shoulders for me. I guess it was designed for big burly Germans - not long and lean Canadians.

If anyone is interested - make me an offer.

Archived