Werner Yu (Beagle)

Falcon

There's nothing illegal or unethical about packing it in such a way as to not attract attention.  Its no different than covering trademarks, etc.  Further, I don't need to help my case.  I need my money back or my gun shipped. 

He's got my money and has not sent the gun. Its that simple.  Where I come from, you get arrested and charged with a felony for that.

I posted on all his sale threads to let potential buyers know he has not kept his word with me.  Thats the purpose of a discussion forum.

I apologize for the annoying reposts, and will keep further discussion here to his for-sale thread and this thread.

Just FYI, he is in the process of sending the gun, and thus IS NOT breaking the law. It would be breaking the law if he took your money, did not keep in touch and had no intention of sending the gun.

So at the risk of a cliche, get your facts sorted.

The best thing for all concerned is if everyone except the two parties stay out of posing in this thread from here on. Werner, the best thing you can do is post once the MG42 is posted. Falcon, the best thing you can do is post here once the MG42 has arrived. Apart from that please avoid posting. Insults and otherwise aren't going to achieve anything in the long run. :)

OK Guys, I've just sat here and listened to you ripping Falcon to bits with no more evidence against him than your own opinions. Sorry to burst your bubbles, but our little friend Werner Yu IS committing fraud.

Just in case anyone doesn't know who I am, I own AirsoftScotland.com.

We have already charged Werner for credit card fraud, a criminal record that will stay with him for life unfortunately for him. Also unfortunately, I can't give any more info on this matter as it could damage our case against him. One thing I CAN tell all you clever people; we are definately NOT the only ones he has committed fraud against.

Falcon, I'm sorry mate but I don't fancy your chances of getting this kit from our 'mutual friend'. The best thing you can do now is to carry through your legal actions against him. The more cases we have, the deeper and darker his cell is going to be. Until he's allowed out to the showers......... :o

OK Guys, I've just sat here and listened to you ripping Falcon to bits with no more evidence against him than your own opinions. Sorry to burst your bubbles, but our little friend Werner Yu IS committing fraud.

Just in case anyone doesn't know who I am, I own AirsoftScotland.com.

We have already charged Werner for credit card fraud, a criminal record that will stay with him for life unfortunately for him. Also unfortunately, I can't give any more info on this matter as it could damage our case against him. One thing I CAN tell all you clever people; we are definately NOT the only ones he has committed fraud against.

Falcon, I'm sorry mate but I don't fancy your chances of getting this kit from our 'mutual friend'. The best thing you can do now is to carry through your legal actions against him. The more cases we have, the deeper and darker his cell is going to be. Until he's allowed out to the showers......... :o

Since when did Shoei MG42s have trademarks?  Any MG42 for that matter?

F

Owned lol

Good luck Falcon, doesn't sound too great :(

Maybe Werner should be banned from trading here if all that is true (obviously it is!)

Owned lol

Good luck Falcon, doesn't sound too great :(

Maybe Werner should be banned from trading here if all that is true (i dont doubt that it is!)

Can't really ban a user from trading without banning him from everywhere, which would give those guys out of pocket one less way to contact him.

He is being watched, however.

The best thing for all concerned is if everyone except the two parties stay out of posing in this thread from here on. Werner, the best thing you can do is post once the MG42 is posted. Falcon, the best thing you can do is post here once the MG42 has arrived. Apart from that please avoid posting. Insults and otherwise aren't going to achieve anything in the long run. :)

i think this says it all.

Just a brief update: after a brief chat with Werner / Beagle over PM, Werner has admitted without any pressure from myself that he does, for reasons that would not be appropriate to disclose, owe Airsoft Scotland an amount of money.

Werner has promised that he will satisfy all trades with which he is currently involved.

I am aware that this may be of little comfort to those affected, but this is the limit of what I am able to do. As Ghost as already commented, banning him would achieve little and instead provide those affected with one less means of communication.

Update: Now that Beagle has provided notification of shipping the MG42, If Falcon would post to confirm when / if he receives his MG42, it would be appreciated, so that this particular thread may be moved to the settled dispute section. If there is any other outstanding trades etc which members wish this thread to remain in this section for, then please feel free to let me know. :)

can i just ask right now who will be liable IF the package gets caught in customs for any reason.

werner who is the seller and is thoreticaly liable

or falcon who is the person importing ? who should understand the risks of importing anyuthing gun shapped into another country

The buyer is responsible IMO. It's the seller's responsibility to accurately declare the contents of the package (and the value of said contents) to the customs office in the country that the package is departing from.

It's the buyer's responsibility to know that he may be charged import duty and other taxes, and to make allowances for that.

It's both buyer's and seller's responsibility (IMO) to ensure that the item being shipped to the destination country is both legal to import, and that if any special steps need to be carried out (in the case of the US, adding an orange flash-hider/muzzle and removing trademarks) that arrangements are made for these to be carried out before the item is shipped.

The buyer is responsible IMO. It's the seller's responsibility to accurately declare the contents of the package (and the value of said contents) to the customs office in the country that the package is departing from.

It's the buyer's responsibility to know that he may be charged import duty and other taxes, and to make allowances for that.

It's both buyer's and seller's responsibility (IMO) to ensure that the item being shipped to the destination country is both legal to import, and that if any special steps need to be carried out (in the case of the US, adding an orange flash-hider/muzzle and removing trademarks) that arrangements are made for these to be carried out before the item is shipped.

Apologies; I thought I'd responded. It appears the database might have had a minor paddy at the time which I posted. ;)

As far as I understand it, the matter boils down to exactly that which Gaz summarised. The buyer imports an item at their own risk, and the onus is on them to ensure that the item imported is legal in their home nation.

Many retailers do offer to putty trades and use orange flash hiders / paint in order to comply with US regulations, but I believe they do this more to ensure that they don't lose potentially lucrative US customers, rather than out of any legal obligation.

As a result, if the item were to be confiscated by US customs officials, and Werner can produce evidence that he posted the item (certification or a tracking number, etc), then the responsiblity falls at Falcon's feet.

We are all talking in the realms of a hypothetical situation here, however. It is to be hoped that this does NOT occur. :)

• 1 month later...

Just to update, I've been sent evidence tracking the parcel that the item has been delivered. As far as I'm concerned, unless the buyer is not satisfied (in which case feel free to let me or another Mod know and we'll re-open the thread, the trade has now been completed satisfactorily, and the matter resolved. Cheers. :)

Archived