SEAL Loadouts and the SAAV.

navymp28

I was talking to my SEAL buddy at my command and he was telling me that alot of the operator's on the teams were fielding the SAAV. SEALS are doing alot more vehicle borne operations. So as it turns out the Rhodesian vest is making a huge comback in SOCOM, so if you want a modern SEAL loadout then a SAAV would do you right. Just wanted to share this tidlebit of info with all my fellow Geardos. Found some intresting bit about modefing BDU's, as well as TAC vests and pocket loadouts. Of anyone is intrested I will post that as well.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't see why SOCOM would change from the ciras to the M82 tbh, seems a bit crazy if they are

I don't have one myself. Yeah I am sure. I thought it was weird, I see that thing all over the place and then we were talking gear, I was telling him about my SDS Super Rack and he brought the Rhodesian vests up and the SAAV. Learned some intresting BDU mods for EandE, stuff that never really dawmed on me such as making the entire collar velcro down flat to form another pocket to hold fishing line, hooks, and other small tidbit incase you are seperated from your gear and are doing some seious Escape and Evasion. Talked about Pocket removal and making knee and elbow insert pockets for padding. Somethinf that is a feature in the newer BDU designs and the Raid BDU's.

SOCOM Hasn't changed anything, the operators are given alot of leway to what kit they use. I knew this already but was surprised as to how much leway they had as to modification of gear and the what not.

And apparently rhe USP is garbage. 226 all the way.

Not that they've EVER used the USP...

Forgive me if I'm being too twitchy, but having read my way through the Lightfighter boards, I have a sensitive BS sense now ;)

Youre not being twitchy... i think anyone with half a brain cell would work out that this info is bull.

Let me geuss have they started using these aswell???

http://www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk/product_in...roducts_id=1946

Youre not being twitchy... i think anyone with half a brain cell would work out that this info is bull.

Let me geuss have they started using these aswell???

http://www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk/product_in...roducts_id=1946

LOL...take it how you will. Just wanted to share some info I had from a REAL member of a Seal team and thought it was kinda intresting. As for the USP yes Seals used them, they are called DEVGRU and they fielded lots of other pistols and the one that passed the tests for what they were looking for was the Sig 226. Rhodesian Recon vest's are also widely used. But take the info as you want it.

LOL...take it how you will. Just wanted to share some info I had from a REAL member of a Seal team and thought it was kinda intresting. As for the USP yes Seals used them, they are called DEVGRU and they fielded lots of other pistols and the one that passed the tests for what they were looking for was the Sig 226. Rhodesian Recon vest's are also widely used. But take the info as you want it.

I'd like to see Haji's comment on this, seeing as he runs one of the Lightfighter Tactical shops, and has SEALs coming in almost daily, I believe.

I find it very dubious that they would switch from the CIRAS.

Not that they've EVER used the USP...

Forgive me if I'm being too twitchy, but having read my way through the Lightfighter boards, I have a sensitive BS sense now ;)

My BS meter is flashing red ATM.

Seals Used the SOCOM not the usp :rolleyes:

The old .45 inch cartridge has made a reapperance courtesy of the Heckler and Koch Modle 23 Pistol, also known as the SOCOM pistol. And then I just go on about why the seals use it and such.

USP eh? :rolleyes:

And when did it dawn upon you that the Seals liked the Sig P226? Do I need to quote the extensive weapons section from the book?

You talk nothing but BS

My BS meter is flashing red ATM.

Seals Used the SOCOM not the usp :rolleyes:

USP eh?  :rolleyes:

And when did it dawn upon you that the Seals liked the Sig P226? Do I need to quote the extensive weapons section from the book?

You talk nothing but BS

Way to insult the active duty US Navy MP.

Frankly, I'll take his word over any of the armchair commandos on the internets. I know who this guy is, he's got no reason to make *beep* up, he's just trying to give you guys a little more info. Way to *beep* on him for trying to help. Dude says he talked to some SEALs, he did. Hell, I used to shoot pool in a 9-ball leage with SEALs when I was stationed at NAB Little Creek. They're just regular guys. Some are a little crazy, and they're in killer shape, but they put their pants on one leg at a time like anyone else. The only thing that's stopping you from being one of them is desire (barring physical problems).

EDIT: tyop

Way to insult the active duty US Navy MP.

Frankly, I'll take his word over any of the armchair commandos on the internets. I know who this guy is, he's got no reason to make *beep* up, he's just trying to give you guys a little more info. Way to *beep* on him for trying to help. Dude says he talked to some SEALs, he did. Hell, I used to shoot pool in a 9-ball leage with SEALs when I was stationed at NAB Little Creek. They're just regular guys. Some are a little crazy, and they're in killer shape, but they put their pants on one leg at a time like anyone else. The only thing that's stopping you from being one of them is desire (barring physical problems).

EDIT: tyop

Mabye age has something to do with that? :rolleyes: FYI I would like nothing better than to be a seal.

Quite frankly untill I get some cold hard proof of this I will just dismiss it as BS ;)

Dude stop getting so aggressive, all we are saying is that we find it REALLY hard to believe.... meaning we would like some other kind of proof on this.

YO like Hive said, I had received some intresting info and just wanted to share what I heard. I was in no way trying to say it was a normal thing in the teams or was it some new trend and to rush out and get SAAV or Rhodesian Modular vest's. I just thought it was cool that the ACTIVE duty operators were useing other kit than what you normally see due to there ever changeing mission.

In one team you will se everything from comanders vest's to H harness and pouches, to Rhodesian Vest's, and any other kit that the operator sees fit. These doods really change stuff to fit there needs as operators.

As for the USP thing my bad, I used the civillian name for the pistol based on the SOCOM or MK23. So to clarify I was refering tothe SOCOM, thats my bust. But the Seal operators I speak to do prefer the Sig 226 even though it is a 9mm. But again that's prefference.

So like I said, take it for what you will, just trying to share some info that I had received.

On to the next topic.

Dickens you do realise he's talking about the real vest, not a replica. The Rhodesian vests exist outside of the airsoft world.

And Trigger Happy, just because you're in SNAFU doesn't mean you have to jump on Havoc's bandwagon :rolleyes: Have you done any vehicle borne operations? If you don't have anything nice to say...

Just take it as it is guys, maybe give it a little thought before you start being an *albartroth*?

Dickens you do realise he's talking about the real vest, not a replica. The Rhodesian vests exist outside of the airsoft world.

And Trigger Happy, just because you're in SNAFU doesn't mean you have to jump on Havoc's bandwagon :rolleyes: Have you done any vehicle borne operations? If you don't have anything nice to say...

Just take it as it is guys, maybe give it a little thought before you start being an *albartroth*?

Umm I am not jumping on Havoc's "bandwagon". I am stating a fact.

Also have YOU done any vehicle borne ops? :rolleyes:

Also have YOU done any vehicle borne ops?  :rolleyes:

I have, they suck. I sat on a Water cooler for 16 hours in the middle of the Cuban summer with a Flak, Kevlar, and other BS on. It is extremely uncomfortable and in all truth extremly boring. The only bonus, got to watch the corpsman sunbath in bikini's. :D

Having worn a SAAV inside a vehicle I can say that tt is awful for vehicle born ops.

Even the the real ones pouch placement is ######. I am also finding highly unlikely that the SEALS would switch to an old outdated vest that most British servicemen thought was ######.

Did he say what type of SAAV?

Erm... I know rhodesian vests exist outside of airsoft, I did not realise there where any airsoft versions.

Also have YOU done any vehicle borne ops?  :rolleyes:

You're missing the point, I'd rather believe this guy over you as he's an active serviceman. He seems to know what he's talking about and he's just stating what he heard in a discussion (he has no reason to lie particularly) so you should have some respect and stop calling BS on him.

Yeah i know it does otherwise were would the SAAV have come from most replica vests are coppied off somthing.....

Like i said S.E.A.L's and the rhodesian....it just doesnt sound right.....

Thats just my opinion, for all i know he probably is telling us the thruth, id just like to see it so i can admire it lol

Cheers

Yeah i know it does otherwise were would the SAAV have come from most replica vests are coppied off somthing.....

Like i said S.E.A.L's and the rhodesian....it just doesnt sound right.....

Thats just my opinion, for all i know he probably is telling us the thruth, id just like to see it so i can admire it lol

Cheers

(Did he say what type of SAAV?)

I will talk with him again and se if I can get some clarification on this. And Im gonna see if I can get some pics.

Archived