SEAL Loadouts and the SAAV.

navymp28

Modularity is nice and all, but I really do prefer having set pockets with set items.

Makes me limit the ###### I take to the essentials.

Willpower alone not up to it eh? And I hardly think Russia has a monopoly on fixed pouches...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys don't get it... *chuckle*

I A. don't want modular pouches, and B. can't use them anyways because I have RUSSIAN and SERBIAN loadouts. Modularity is NOT in the Russian military (and aside from one to-export MOLLE-compatible vest, they don't MAKE Modular vests).

*EDIT - damn smilies.

Was reading earlier about the whole Mark23 (aka SOCOM) vs. the Sig P226... Wasn`t too surprised actually.

When the Mark23 first came out some of them (SEALs) actually started to purchuse the Civilian USP Tactical version instead. Now this is word of mouth information but I trust it. I had often visited a gun shop located near Pearl Harbor with my dad. While looking at some of the pistols I had actually mistaken a USP as a Mark23 (I thought it was big enough at the time) I had never heard about airsoft at the time and was still in Intermediate school (now known as a Middle School) But I played enough Metal Gear Solid to know what a SOCOM Pistol was and we got into a little conversion with the owner about the pistol. Apparently some SEALs opted to get the smaller more compact USP Tactical over the Mark23. They wanted the stopping power of a .45 but in a small package. The owner had apparently made some sales too. Now if you didn`t know the USP Tactical was based off the Mark23 Project and made smaller and marketed for civilians. Same technology different size, so you couldn`t use the LAM Unit on it. The Tactical also came with a threaded barrel to accept suppressors (hence the mistaken identity.) But this was several years ago so I don`t know anything new... but I knew one thing... the SEALs didn`t like the size of the Mark23 when it first came into operation. But to be honest the Tactical was still pretty big.

They wanted the stopping power of a .45 but in a small package. The owner had apparently made some sales too.

The Tactical also came with a threaded barrel to accept suppressors (hence the mistaken identity.) But this was several years ago so I don`t know anything new... but I knew one thing... the SEALs didn`t like the size of the Mark23 when it first came into operation. But to be honest the Tactical was still pretty big.

Thing is, the MK23 was designed SPECIFICALLY as an 'Offensive pistol' (i.e. pretty much a primary weapon). The USP, on the other hand, is really a defensive pistol, to be used in conjunction with a primary (riflE, SMG, etc).

I guess that guys who liked the MK23 design in theory but wanted a .45 defensive pistol may have gone for the USP Tactical, although something tells me a lot of them would have stuck with the 1911 (old trustworthy design in their eyes)! :P

Archived