Stupid nick names

ColDaz

well the nubs at AG called me urban :P

most people call me ninja, at AG05 the ginger ninja :P

the neighbouring depts at work call me the crazy butcher. i donnow why o_O

but i've been called loads of nick names before... kinda hard to remember all of it. i mean at one point, i was called either jimothy makintosh or jimbob macdougal. o_O

but my best mate calls me bob... took him around 5-6years to have him settle for that nick to call me.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a nickname that had to be shortened... Go figure.

Smokey T. Robinson, mostly just called Smokey

Smokey, because my third name is Walker (I have 4 names), and Walkers crisps, smokey bacon. T is for Twiglet, another crisps reference. And Robinson, cos the first guy to get splurged in Bugsy Malone is Smokey Robinson.

If people want to annoy me, they call me Charlie-boy, cos my first name is Charles, and i hate it, grrr. I'm called by my second name, Alex. So another nickname is Al. Then others include Grif-o, or just Griff, my last name being Griffiths.

So you know, if you'd like to know my family history on top of that... :P

Well I was known as "Frankie" much of freshman year. Transfered schools, and was then on called "New Kid". 3 years later and some people only refer to me by "New Kid". Other people just call me Shihrer (my last name - pronounced shy-er), some call me by my first name Mike.

I've had a few

Titch, Tiny, Tiny Tim, Tom Thumb, Tinytin (I was short at school)

Flantis, Flant, O'Healy, O'Heallian (micky(seeing as wee wee is censored) take on my signature)

Mert or Merty (My name is Martin)

Pablo is mine.

I used to get called "Dave" by a few people (Trigger fans perhaps?) but I was a skinny lanky git at the time (many years ago).

One guy at work calls me "Captain Fantastic" 'cos I use the word fantastic a lot in conversation, but he's a knob.

I was called "Concorde" at school, 'cos I've got a large nose. Oh, how I laughed.

Speaking of school knicknames, there was a girl at our school that we used to call Chester, 'cos she was as flat as a chest of drawers. We used to make a polishing motion with our hands and a weird sort of sucking squeaky noise whenever she walked past. She's had a boob-job since then, so she clearly got the hint eventually [/evil sexist ###### mode].

Never had much of a nickname at school, but there was a kid EVERYONE called Peanuts and I didn't know his real name for years.

There was another called 'Muttley' and one called 'Bruce' (He did Karate), but I NEVER knew their names!

Cheers.

Not any more. They've all faded away into obscurity.

Been called Fatty (when I was about 6 stone), Darren, Fazron, Doctor & Doc. Others I forget.

My uncle will often call me Turd or Tart as well. My gf picked up on this and started referring to me as Tartface. This has since been stopped ;)

Oh yeah, a plumber I know calls me Willis sometimes. As in 'Whatchoo' talkin' 'bout Willis?'. He's not quite right, I swear :P

I've been christened today with a new name.

I do not like this name, but it seems to be mine.

I'm actually a little worried they'll brand it on my *albartroth*.

It seems my Sergeant cannot grasp my name (Darren Ruutel), and has now named me the stupidest of all names possible: Rutty.

I've never had a nick name before - you can't really do much with 'Darren' but shorten it to 'Daz'.

So, has anyone else got any stupid nick names that they either like or dislike?

The important thing to remember about the military is they only give you nicknames if they like you. Mine used to be either Preacher or Gadget, my best man used to be called Titch (he's 6'4" and built like a brick s**thouse) and the other guy on our vehicle used to be called SPB (self-propelled bergen) because all you could see of him when he'd got it on was his legs. One of the ladies from the Int cell used to have the nickname Twobacks (obvious). If they don't like you you get called either by your surname (ie: Jones) or Tw*t, F*ckwit or something similar.

I have a few

I'm called Oggy by my rugby mates because my second names Hodson :rolleyes: not a bright bunch rugby players :D

I'm called Travis or Bickle at collage because they think I'm like de niro in taxi driver aka disturbed :blink: lol

and I'm also called Rob,Bob,Robbie,Bobby,bert,bertie,trebor etc buy everyone else because my names robert

Rob

I can understand using nicknames to differentiate between people with the same or very similar names

We had a lot of Daniel's at my school.

We differentiated with 'Strange' (his surname), 'Pope' (also surname), and 'Ladder' (he was tall).

I've never met a Daniel who is called Daniel though ...

I have a friend at college called 'Moo' too. Apparantly in reference to 'silly moo'.

I didn't actually learn her name till about a year after I met her.

And rifleman; good to know :).

There's a guy at my uni who's on my course, and we call him Peter Kay, only because he sounds like him sometimes, and he vaguely looks like him. I actually only found out his real name the day i got my tattoo, on tuesday, and i've know him since bout November, December? He's actually called Jonathon Owen. So go figure.

I had several nicknames. Because my last name is long and looks like its hard to say, getting a nick name was a gimme. In basic training, my drill sergeants called me PVT S15. S is the initial of my last name and I have 15 letter in my last name...if you must know, I am PV2 Saysanasongkham. In my current unit, I am known as PV2 S.

I got put on report at school in year 7 for not working hard enough (i know, naughty me) and was stuck with chavs through breaks and lunchtimes for like 3 months.

As chavs are thick, I wowed them with paper darts and other classroom warfare ###### like that so they started calling me rambo :o. And through year 7-11 thats what all the chavs refered to me as (also meant I didnt get grief from any chavs while I was there, which was pretty good)

Cheers,

Smash Joehanson

Archived