Tokyo Marui MP7 Review

the latter. :)

Edit, while we're asking questions (and I have nothing better to do while I'm waiting for ours to ship):

1. Is it true that it ships with a cure for the common cold?

2. Can it be used to view the moons of Mars as has been speculated?

3. There is no...number 3.

Right, well, this is looking really, really good. I really hope that they get shipped so we can play with em at Ord on the 18th, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

Edit 2: Crispin, version 7 = M14. This gun is supposed to have a hybrid AEP/AEG gearbox as FarEast reported awhile back.

Edited by Wupjak
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

59 User(s) are reading this topic

I loled :D

I'm sure we all want to know how this little thing works, but if we keep crowding up the thread it's gonna be harder to search for new information (for thread newcomers anyway) until FarEast integrates it all into his first post (which I hope he does eventually). So for now, I think it'd be best to just PM the *fruitcage* outta him and hope he reads your message and responds to it.

But as I'm taking up space, I'd like to put a request in anyway :P

I was wondering if the gearbox was different than the version 7. If it is, I was hoping FarEast could take as many detailed pictures of the new box as possible and post it up in maybe the Technical Discussion forum, or something. I really wanna see how this thing ticks :D

Hey guys, Well im writing down all the questions tht have been asked and im ticking them off as i answer them. So never fear.

Today around 3:30pm JST I will be down the range shooting the MP7 and chrono'ing it I will also do the same for my TM Glock 18c, same location, bb's, temperature and so on, will do the can test as well for comparison reasons.

What I really would like is the ability to edit my posts so I can edit the pics. As for hosting i would love it and i will e-mail the parties involved later today. 6:25am JST here.

Don't worry, the mods can easily edit the posts and update them with now info (if you ask them nicely :) ). They can also clean things up by deleting unnecessary posts.

Just get it all written up and ready to go and then contact one of them (probably best to see who's online at the time and ask them, unless one volunteers here).

Remember when you write it all up that there's a ten pic-per-post limit, so structure things accordingly.

Edited by staticzero

mmmm....didn't think of that.....now im more concern.... :(

edit: arrgghh... i wondeer how long Far East is going to be? I'm dying here.... :(

I need to know what it looks like inside, and how it chronos....prreeecciioouus...

Edited by onizuka-gto

Just dismissed my class, It will take around 30 minutes to walk to the range then another hour or so to do the tests 30 minutes to get home from there.

Then i need to spend a little time with the wife and kid then i will post. I want to get as much done before I head off to Okinawa!

Maybe you could, hook up a 8.4v battery to it. I've seen people do it to a glock 18c , with better upgrade potential. Heck maybe a 9.6v, and the mp7 will fire like a mg42.

Having a 1500rpm M4 at home, I can tell you using locaps like in the MP7 is not much fun with that kind of RoF, so keeping it near the reel steal specs is a much less silly thing to do. :P

I've never understood why people want an MP5 that fires at the same rate as a Vulcan cannon. But hey, each to thier own!

But moving on i have the results right here in front of me!!!! Give me 10 minutes to write them up.

I've never understood why people want an MP5 that fires at the same rate as a Vulcan cannon. But hey, each to thier own!

But moving on i have the results right here in front of me!!!! Give me 10 minutes to write them up.

It happened more or less coincidentially. Just used a high speed motor and a 9,6V battery. It was never supposed to fire that fast, current plans involve a RoF downgrade. :D

Just wanted the rof to be near the realsteel, but i guess i just went a bit over the top there. :unsure:

woohoo!

just woke up too! nothing like waking up to good news! :P

It's almost been an hour already :P

My MP5K has an ROF of about 1500, and I'm actually planning to make it faster lol :P I just make things to the way I like them, plus I don't have enough money for a M134, and depending on where I play, more ROF can equate to more fun lol.

If I end up getting an MP7 (decision may be determined by this review), I may find that the ROF is... "lacking" And therefore, I might be one of those stupid people that end up meshing together a double C-mag with a standard and have an ugly MP7-SAW-thinger :P

First of all the FPS tests. These where done in an indoor range using SIIS BB's.

The weapons where held in braces to prevent movement.

MP7_test_result_1.sized.jpg

The Joules were worked out using the program available through Arnies Airsoft

As you can see the initial Tokyo-Marui trials were obviously done with 0.12g BBs to exagerate the power of the MP7 but when compared to the 18c it is clearly obvious something is very different to the internal workings of both guns.

The second test was the Rate Of Fire test. This was conducted by timing from the 1st shot to the 1st dead mans click, due to the need of specail equipment this is a rough basis to gage the rate of fire.

MP7_test_result_2.jpg

Again the MP7 clears an average of 11 BB's a secound over the Glocks 9, Over all I would have to say that the internals of the MP7 are probaly of either a totaly different nature or utilies them better than the 18c. But only the striping of the two will yeild the truth.

MODERATORS!

Can some one help me re-edit the picture? Or i will rewrite this as a new thread!

Edited by FarEast