Tokyo Marui MP7 Review

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Top review, thanks for all your time and efforts.

Mine should be ariving any day now from red-wolf.

i play nothing but CQB, and i'll be using this as a back up / pistol.

I hear that they can fit in a tazer pouch, which will molle onto you're tac-vest.

Need hi-caps though.

Niiiicccccceeeeee!

What we really need now is an accuracy/max range type of thing going. As we all know, the AEP G18C shocked many with it's mere 200FPS (aprox) flying out to 130'. I've also heard good things about the new M14 and its superior out-of-box accuracy.

I'm very curious as to the flat-trajectory range and accuracy of the new MP7.

I have a feeling that upping the FPS on the MP7 to 1J reliably is gonna be as difficult and expensive as trying to get the MP5K up there with a 8.4v 600mah batt.

The indoor CQB facilities in the USA have a 300fps limit. Granted, from FarEast's review, the fps of the MP7 is significantly lower, and I don't see why people would have a problem with it. I play at AirsoftCQB (www.airsoftcqb.com Here's a plug for them!!) usually twice a month on Friday nights, and there's guys in there with guns over 300fps. I don't see the big deal with the MP7. Our outdoor FPS limits at the fields where my organization hosts big games is 450 for AEG's.

R1200RT - I dunno bro... I dunno...

Pardon me if I have read this wrong, but it seems that some of our US friends seem to have a problem with the fps of the MP7 being too high and worry about letting it be used in a cqb environment?

The mind truly boggles........

I think they're talking about a field that doesn't allow normal AEGs indoors. They want an exception for the MP7, but are afraid they won't get it if it turns out to be too easy to upgrade.

I think they're talking about a field that doesn't allow normal AEGs indoors. They want an exception for the MP7, but are afraid they won't get it if it turns out to be too easy to upgrade.

Bingo.

When entering and engaging enemies in buildings we have to transition to a gas or spring gun under 350FPS (the normal field limit is 400). They're considering making an exception for the MP7 but if it's too easy to get over 350FPS then it's likely they won't allow it.

On the other hand if 350 or less turns out to be the limit of it's capabilities and it is allowed, we're probably going to be very happy campers. If this were the case it would be possible to have a dual role gun, that is one that can be fairly competitive outside while still being allowed inside, but with the advantages electric guns offer.

Edited by staticzero

As I said earlier, rules development here in the States at organized fields such as Ord will be interesting to monitor.

Marui's new generation of AEPs that bridge the gap between GBB pistol and AEG/SMG appear to be a definite improvement over existing SMGs, at least on paper. Hopefully the potential velocity issue won't preclude them from being used in the application where they would definitely excel, namely that of CQB room clearing/entry/projecting firepower into a confined space.

With the 15-25 feet engagement distances such as those found around and inside Ord's buildings, you don't need anything more than stock velocity anyway with the volume of fire the MP7 is capable of. As for the 'ease of upgrade' thing, bit too subjective for my taste. It's easy to upgrade a WA 1911 or SOCOM to shoot well over forum limits, yet I understand the difference with regard to full auto.

Edited by Wupjak

The good news is that the MP7 doesn't take standard AEG gearbox parts, so it shouldn't be easy to get to shoot over that limit. Even if somebody did it would probably be extremely obvious, since they'd likely need to go with an external battery to drive that sort of spring.

If worse comes to worse and later on down the road somebody comes out with readily available upgrade parts for it that push it over the limits, the field owners could simply choose to ban MP7s that shoot over the indoor limit from play all together.

What ever happened to honesty when it comes to what velocity your weapons are pulling?

When it comes down to playing with people whom you can't trust to keep their guns below a specified power level, maybe you shoulnd't be playing with them at all?

What ever happened to honesty when it comes to what velocity your weapons are pulling?

When it comes down to playing with people whom you can't trust to keep their guns below a specified power level, maybe you shoulnd't be playing with them at all?

A public airsoft field can't run detailed background investigations on everybody that shows up to determine if they're honest and trustworthy. If private games and backyard wars with a close circle of friends keeps someone happy, then I guess they can get by relying on everybody to be honable and not need things like chronographs and refs. For those of us who like to go out in the field with 50 or more other airsofters at a time, then good rule enforcement is mandatory for the safety of all.