Tokyo Marui MP7 Review

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

70-75m/s with .2s and 650-700 rpm seems to be well below what Marui wanted people to believe with their posted figures of 90m/s and 850 rpm. That being said, it would definitely appear to be an improvement over the Glock 18 and those velocity numbers are more than skirmishable, being within GBB range.

On the bright side for the mil-sim crowd, we're not likely to see many MP7A1 "sniper" rifles. ;)

I think alot of people were expecting the MP7 to be on par with full size AEGs, if you look at the sizing you'll realise it's not going to happen, An MP5 dwarfs it!

Also we are all aware that TM weapons are very capable or slightly higher spring tensions and voltages without any other upgrades or damage to the weapon both of them happily the cheapest upgrades as well.

I'm currently writting a fresh review on the gun with all the missing pictures and the groupings test as well all in one very long post so please wait till it's all up before posting, Some of you guys are far to eager :waggle:

I'm currently writting a fresh review on the gun with all the missing pictures and the groupings test as well all in one very long post so please wait till it's all up before posting, Some of you guys are far to eager :waggle:

Well what would you expect, from a bunch of hairy big blokes who find running about in freezing wet weather with a toy gun? :P

After your written up your report again, are you gonna take the mp7 apart to have a look inside? :mellow:

Really would like to see something like this....

After your written up your report again, are you gonna take the mp7 apart to have a look inside?  :mellow:

Really would like to see something like this....

does the Pope wear a silly hat??? Of course im going to pull it apart and have a good rummage around inside, as i heard a rumor it was powered by lepricorns.

just to keep things interesting!

mp7sas5fv.jpg

Edited by FarEast
does the Pope wear a silly hat??? Of course im going to pull it apart and have a good rummage around inside, as i heard a rumor it was powered by lepricorns.

just to keep things interesting!

mp7sas5fv.jpg

nice picture can't wait!

oh, slightly off-topic:

i heard a rumor it was powered by lepricorns.

what are those? :blink:

Do you mean "leprechauns"?

Are you really an English Teacher?

*runs and hides from Far East*

:P

:tomato:

Frankly I'm too concerned about the FPS. If I can get it to 1J I'll be content I think. If it's AEG-easy to get over that it's likely it won't be allowed for indoor use at my local field. However as it is now it looks like it may be okay. I want to use it for MOUT, not just CQB so it needs to have competitive range. As long as the hop up works well the range should be alright though. Here's hoping.

240 isn't as bad as I thought it'd be, tbh. It's there in the category of GBB pistols and is unaffected by temperature. Should be infinitely less finicky than a gas G18c.

I had no intention of using it as a primary but rather as an 'ohnoes' or CQB/pistol weapon. It'll be interesting to see how field rules develop with the advent of useful aeps.

Edited by Wupjak
Frankly I'm too concerned about the FPS. If I can get it to 1J I'll be content I think. If it's AEG-easy to get over that it's likely it won't be allowed for indoor use at my local field. However as it is now it looks like it may be okay. I want to use it for MOUT, not just CQB so it needs to have competitive range. As long as the hop up works well the range should be alright though. Here's hoping.

Exactly my feelings, also. I contacted Alex about them a while ago, and he's already worried about allowing these inside the buildings at Ord.

If fareast said there is a 8.4V batt adaptor for it then I am sure 100mps or 90 mps is quite archieveable... at the most replacing most stuff in the gearbox and motor... Again, the mp7 being quite a big launch there should be enough parts made for it...