Full MP7 Review

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I've noticed that too. It definitely slows down quite a bit before it dies.  :huh:

Are you saying the FPS drops when the battery is low? Because I just tested that and found its not the case (as expected) with my gun. I fired through my Guarder Speeder 2000 chrono on a low battery right up until it failed to turn over. I observed a range around 235-237FPS with occasional high and low numbers (233 on the low end and 237 on the high end IIRC). I then popped in a freshly charged battery and found the FPS to be in the same range as before. I did see a few slightly higher numbers, a 239 and a 242, but this is within an expected margin of error I think (besides, even if it was a trend rather than some oddballs I doubt a ~3-5 FPS drop could be seen by the naked eye without the help of a bench vise and ideal conditions). The FPS range was still around 235-237.

I'll note my overall results were slightly lower than the last time I chrono'd this gun, I suspect either because I was using different BBs, because I had my SS-100 on, or because of a substantially colder air temperature.

If your range is dropping when the battery is low then either it's because of something other than a drop in FPS or something is different about your guns compared to mine and you are loosing FPS. However if the MP7 internals are like any other AEG then the electrical system can not affect FPS. I'd suspect the low battery is a red herring.

Anyone know of any gearbox upgrades? Or a silencer with an inner barrel?

1. No.

2. No again. I'm seriously questioning wether there will be enough cylinder volume to support a longer inner barrel in this gun. We'll see I guess.

Edited by staticzero

Held and shot one on tuesday:

100001977_74757b2f77.jpg

First Impressions. Brilliant. A great feel, a solid handing weapon and oh! so small and almost cute. Shoots well and very accurate.

No major advantage over an AEP, but very very nice.

You will be able to holster this gun.

No, ROF actually. Which is normal. I didn't realize Dave was talking FPS.  :P

Silly me. :P Hopefully, it's just an issue with the hopup.

So I guess this means people aren't going to be selling theirs for peanuts? :(

:zorro:

I did. Power wasn't my cup of tea. She was quite a looker, though... :wub:

Anyhow, I should have a nice KSC G23F to pimp out shortly. :D

This is the one that I bought and have my MP7 in. It fits like a GLOVE!

http://www.evike.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv...&Category_Code=

It's drop-leg on the right side, adjustable, and the thing on it that looks like it would hold shotgun shells is removable and has a velcro attachment, so you can replace it with any other standard velcro-backed mag holder.

Also, seeing as how the H&K Holsters & slings for the real steel MP7 are restricted to Law Enforcement & Military purchase by Purchase Order, this is definately one of the BEST holsters I could find.

Edited by JDaveUSMC

he charger that came with it, is rated for 100v, but since i don't have a seperate "intelligent charger" im thinking of getting a simple voltage converter from maplin.

But the converter is for the US voltage, so its goes 240v -> 110v

Question, is this ok for the included mp7 charger?

is the extra 10 volts blow it or damage it?

Just want to check before i head out to buy one.

I'm going to have some more slots milled into the arms of the stock to allow for some in-between stock positions.

The fully extended stock is a bit too long for my taste. Something about 1/3 extended will allow for a much tighter hold/carry with this weapon for CQB movement.

Of course, that'll have to wait til after my fever breaks. Stupid flu.

This keeps coming up so I'm going to add it here too:

Attention TM MP7 users in the United States! The included charger works fine here despite what you may have read!

I've charged four batteries with is so far, it works just fine. Don't listen to people (or stores) that don't actually have the thing in hand.