Full MP7 Review

Thanks for the info, (V)atrix.

I was speaking purely from an "I've just spent £170 on this, what do I like and what do I not like" perspective.

And I was using the TMP as an example for those reading this who haven't held the MP7 yet and may know what the TMP's like. I know they're different manufacturers but they're very similar in design so I was just trying to give a bit of info.

Now where's my AK, she never point's out my mistakes... ;)

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two guns that I have left is a TMP and the MP7. I love the tmp, I just wish I could get the gas cans for it.

MP7 is good for fun, its alot quieter than the tmp so ppl don't tend to look at me shooting it around the yard.

I still say my finger hurts against the selector switch and if anybody figures out a way to make the rear stock about an inch shorter, I think it would clear my arm when I'm trying to hold it one handed.

And I was using the TMP as an example for those reading this who haven't held the MP7 yet and may know what the TMP's like. I know they're different manufacturers but they're very similar in design so I was just trying to give a bit of info.

Ah, gotcha! Figured you had brought it up for a reason, but I just didn't catch on.

I still say my finger hurts against the selector switch ...

Yeah, I have the same problem. The circular part hits me right where my knuckle bends. But I found that rounding the corners off with a bit of high-grit sand paper helped that a little bit. I also didn't like how the sharp corners of the indention under the trigger guard rubbed the knuckle of my middle finger - so I stuck a small piece of soft velcro in the indented area to relieve some of the discomfort.

Edited by (V)atrix

Mine arrived yesterday and I have to admit it's smaller than I imagined, pity I can't charge it until my voltage adapter arrives tomorrow!

Has anyone found any good holster solutions other than the mk23 holsters? I am having issues finding a left handed mk23 holster!

Edited by Skyrunner
Just thinking aloud here after someone mentioned about an auto-cutoff when the mag runs out of ammo.

Obviously it's too late for the MP7, but surely it would be technically possible in an AEG to have a metal follower in the mag that, when it reaches the top of the mag (and therefore there are no BBs left) it comes into contact with some piece of metal somewhere in the gun and closes a circuit or something that stops the gun from firing?

do you have any idea how big of a pain in the *albatross* it would be to fix/test said gun if you had to have it loaded all the time?

why not test said gun with mag out :D

he's saying the gun will fire so long as the metal piece in the mag doesn't act to cut the circuit.

Edited by Vapor

Just got mine :D

Battery is on charge but im gonna have to wait til this eve to test fire it as i have to go to uni at 11 and im not then back til 5 <_<

What a funky bit of kit though, im well impressed, and my custom built sling is better than i had hoped it would be.

I believe i have a lemon MP7 >_<

i bought one 2 days ago. . . and i have only managed to get about 20 shots off with it. . .

i find that the magazines are not feeding well. . .

my batteries are fully charged. the magazines are fully loaded with 50 rnds. ..

put it in. . .but all it does is dry fire. .. then after maybe 5-6 dry fire shots. .. maybe 1 bb will come out. . .

this has been happening for 2 days. ..

i have already adjusted the hop up (multiple times) and that is not the problem . . .

i am confused. . .

(First Post ^^)

also i happen to have the perfect holster for my MP7. . .

will post pictures of it later though. ..

Edited by cookerman
I believe i have a lemon MP7 >_<

i bought one 2 days ago. . . and i have only managed to get about 20 shots off with it. . .

i find that the magazines are not feeding well. . .

my batteries are fully charged. the magazines are fully loaded with 50 rnds. ..

put it in. . .but all it does is dry fire. .. then after maybe 5-6 dry fire shots. .. maybe 1 bb will come out. . .

this has been happening for 2 days. ..

i have already adjusted the hop up (multiple times) and that is not the problem  . . .

i am confused. . .

(First Post  ^^)

also i happen to have the perfect holster for my MP7. . .

will post pictures of it later though. ..

Have you lubed it?

Make sure you have Silicone grease, which you can get from any decent DIY shop or electronics place (No. DIXONS is not one of them)

I got some reasonable one from Maplin.

Just spray it in the barrel, in the magazine feeding tube (you'll see it when you peer in the handle) and that should sort it out.

If it doesn't use the cleaning rod supplied and carefully jam it down the barrel, and se if anything pops out from the handle.

If all else fails just return it, and get a replacement, if your reluctant to, or can't then the last resort is to fix it yourself.

StaticZero did a fantastic take-apart guide, here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=50951

follow it, and if you got questions i suggesst you P.M. him and ask him politely to help you.

I'm sure that you find your solutions.

anyway, welcome to Arnies and I hope you like it here. ^_^

well the gun is the problem. not the magazines.

cause i have 2 other friends who have mp7's and theirs work perfectly fine. . . i used my magazines in their mp7's and they worked fine. . . i used their magazines in mine. . . misfiring. ..

ummm

when i get a chance, i will take it to my shop and see if their repair guy can open it up and take a look at it. . .

also

since i am new on this forum (i'm a regular on airsoftforum.com) you guys don't know my background. . .:P

i live in Shanghai, China (airsoft is illegal here) (despite what you may find on the internet about airsoft being legal here. . .)

i go skirmishing every weeked. . . there are usually at least 20 people at a game. . .

and my team has 6 mp7's (with a large assortment of other guns of all shapes sizes and companies)

i am 18

from the US (philadelphia PA) and i have been living in china for 8 years.

been airsofting for about 3 years.

also i used the mp7 at a game today. . . and i have to say that its not really good for my gameplay. . . magazines are too small. . . and range is not good enough. . .

although i do realise that it is supposed to be a secondary

my usual primary is an MP5-J which i upgraded to 460 fps

thx for your help

and i feel welcomed

Took my MP7 out to skirmish today at Firefight Reading. I was blown back by the range and power of the thing, it easily matched my GBB and my mates mk23 SOCOM, and is just a tad under the power of my MP5!

One thing it needs is bigger mags! 50 rounds isn't enough for a firefight, 100 would do the trick nicely! Decided I need a couple more mags though :)

Im hopefully taking mine out for its first skirmish this weekend. I've already run the best part of 2000 "crappy excel .2" bbs through it and didnt even suffer any misfeeds :)

Its true that the mags dont last very long on full auto, but i just bought 3 spares and will probably pick up at least one more - no way im going to have any rattling hi caps in mine !

Certainly looking foward to getting the hop set and seeing the range it has :)

:o erk, I hope mine doesnt end up like that. I must admit these reports of nozzle breakage and now that piston shattering arent exactly filling me with confidence !

Having said that, i had fun with mine today as a backup for my G Spec. I felt i owed it a bit of a blast having not used it all morning, so i shoved the G Spec in the car and took it out as my primary. Im relying on PDI to crank out a full aftermarket set of upgrades to follow the current few parts.

I got 2 kills with it - more than i expected, and i dont think i have ever had so many people oooing and saying can i have a look / hold / shot before hehe.

Mine has bit the dust. :(

The occasional shot now goes about 3 metres before dropping off.

It might just be something in the barrel, which I'm about to swab for 30 minutes, but I'm guessing it isn't unforunately. Also, the timing of the gears seems to be a bit off on mine, which totally sucks too. The piston is set halfway forward on a full semi-auto cycle sometimes. :blink: