Full MP7 Review

I fired a couple rounds today. Nothing like my M15 CQB (of course) but it's not too bad. Hopefully upgrades will come out soon though, because the FPS isn't to my liking.

Also, has anyone else noticed that on semi, some shots fall flat of the mark, like its getting absolutely no compression? Full auto works like a charm though. :huh:

Not really... haven't had anything like tht... althou I had like four double feeds during the last 20 mags or so...

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question, does the gun stop firing after your mag runs out of ammo? Probably not, but im curious due to its pistol-like design, it would be nice to have a cutoff feature like that...

The only AEG's with that feature are the Systema PTW's, which cost over $1000. If you want stop after the last feature in your airsoft guns, your best are gas blow-back pistols.

As for the low power, I believe it was that my battery was dying. I only charged it for about an hour and a half, and I shot about 5 or 6 mags through (probably more) before I started noticing the power drop. Anyone else have a similiar experience as the battery dies out?

Edited by davedawg123

Just thinking aloud here after someone mentioned about an auto-cutoff when the mag runs out of ammo.

Obviously it's too late for the MP7, but surely it would be technically possible in an AEG to have a metal follower in the mag that, when it reaches the top of the mag (and therefore there are no BBs left) it comes into contact with some piece of metal somewhere in the gun and closes a circuit or something that stops the gun from firing?

About the power of semi firing, i've noticed something on my tm launchers...May be ######, but maybe not.

When we don't push the trigger completely, or if we release it to early, gun misfires (low fps or double feeding).

Since i made the effort of manly pressing it, i had much less problems.

Well, the Systema PTWs do it. How do you fix/test a Systema PTW? Or is that a pain in the *albatross* too? :P

thats because the systema PTW's are made with some representation of quality, and they still need to be kept pretty clean.

Your average airsofter screams bloody murder at the slightest niggle and refuses to fix it him/herself, instead opting to pay for needless upgrades or harass the retailer like the QC of the guns is thier fault (G&G M14 anyone?)

It'll never happen in a mass produced gun for the masses intended to make a profit, never, unless its 150% reliable, and that probably will never happen on cheaply produced airsoft guns, even the supposidly "high quality" ones we pay out of our ears for are made of zinc and ABS.

About the power of semi firing, i've noticed something on my tm launchers...May be ######, but maybe not.

When we don't push the trigger completely, or if we release it to early, gun misfires (low fps or double feeding).

Since i made the effort of manly pressing it, i had much less problems.

Semi auto works by powering the gun until a little latch attached to the sector gear comes around and cuts the power off, if you let go of the trigger before the gun does one complete cycle, it doesnt work obviously.

What an odd gun. I'm surprised that the low power hasn't put all these hordes off buying them.

It could be a squirt gun for all I care, I just wanted a decent MP7 to play with. :P Thankfully it does shoot BBs and fairly well too, despite the low FPS (and that will be correctible in time no doubt)

Are you sure?

Cause on mine, I cannot open the ejection port unless that button is pushed up at the same time of charging the handle, or if I put the gun on semi.

Hmmm..  <_<

WE are absolutely sure. I think you just had to practice with the handle. There's nothing in the design tht could possibly make the mag catch or bolt release stopping the charging handle. To pull the handle back you simply squeeze the left and right portions together and pull back. Somtimes it gets stuck on one side, if tht happens, shift your force from one side to the other and it should open up...