Site blocked by NTL?

Hey all,

Whenever I try to access any page on Arnies Airsoft I get a message saygin "this site has been blocked. Please contact your service provider for information".

I get my 2MB broadband through NTL in the UK.

Is anyone else having an issue with being blocked from other service providers?

I can access the site from work with no problems.

---

Hey all,

Whenever I try to access any page on Arnies Airsoft I get a message saygin "this site has been blocked. Please contact your service provider for information".

I  get my 2MB broadband through NTL in the UK.

Is anyone else having an issue with being blocked from other service providers?

I can access the site from work with no problems.

---

Just a question..."If your ISP is blocking Arnies.......how are you able to post?" :P

Friends house or work probably....lol

Hmmmm, how odd.

If you are actually getting messages saying that this site has been blocked, it is most likely your ISP (Internet Service Provider) that has somehow deemed this site to be "bad" :(

Talk to your ISP and ask them if this URL is on some kind of "Banned" list on their servers. If it is, explain to them that you want to view it and that there is no legal reason why they should stop you from viewing content. A threat to move to another ISP sometimes helps too :)

Good luck ;)

Very very odd.

Well, there is no facility built in to this site that can give you a "blocked" message, so it is either your ISP, or a conduit server between your ISP and this server that is denying you access. First port of call should definitely be your ISP. If they know nothing about it, you can always trace your route through to this server to find out other possibilities that may be blocking content for whatever reason ("tracert" in MSDOS).

Very very odd <_<

Yes, that is entirely possible. Have affected users checked to make sure that there are no "content filters" installed on their PCs?

That would explain it as some work from a hotlist of banned / unsuitable sites, and others just block any site that mentions words like "adult", "sex", or "gun", etc...

If there is no such software on the PC you are using though, it is likely to be a blocker either operated by your ISP, or somewhere in the link between the ISP and this site.

Hope that helps ;)

If your using Internet explorer.....go to "tools", "internet options" and click on the privacy tab. There is a little click and drag thing like a scroll bar that is the level of privacy and blocking that you want. If it is set to medium or lower then you should be fine. I don't know if higher blockes it though. I dont' wawnt to find out.

hope you get it fixed