NAVY SEALS mixing camo types?

Dickens

I talked to my Seal buddy at work and he told me that yeah the Seal teams do mix camo types in the field, Apparently they do that alot in the desert at night and for different missions and AO's. He also impareted that a good "TEAM" impression they would not all be matching like most Marine units and Army. So similiar but different works great for realism.

Thanks navymp im glad that has cleared up, i can now go and buy some Dessert tri colour and mix it with the woodland shirt with out looking like a **** lol

I do know what Multicam is, I own it. It is not a digital pattern, but has the same effect that mixing camo types has.

And where the bloody hell did you hear that??? Multicam is somthing completly different?? That is one type of seperate camo, we are on about mixing different types of camo together for different areas of the body.

Dickens

MultiCam:

img2b3jf.th.jpg

Mixed Camo:

c10215db.jpg usawoodland20camo20lw20jacket3.th.jpg

It would be desert trousers with a woodland jacket/shirt - well something along those lines, that is what mixed camo is dude.

How are they the same? :unsure::waggle:

By the way, can a black vest on top of woodland or desert clothing be considered as "Mixed Camo" ?

kliskey

Thanks navymp im glad that has cleared up, i can now go and buy some Dessert tri colour and mix it with the woodland shirt with out looking like a **** lol

Dickens

No problem, glad I can help. Dicken's you can see a good example of wht my buddy was reffering too when you play that first level in SOCOM, the kit on the team is different from member to member.

Also I am not 100% sure but mixing camo is a good way to not immediately stick out as "US ANVY SEAL!". IMO it gives you enough look to seem...irregular and not organized..then WHAM!! Your hit with the firepower of a platoon outta four doods..lol. Seals are the shizza....well damn now that I think about it so are the SAS..those doods....hehehe..All I gotta say is Bravo20. Anyway...I am off to wheel and deal for a SAW from airsoftclan. Gentlemen....

MultiCam:

img2b3jf.th.jpg

Mixed Camo:

c10215db.jpg  usawoodland20camo20lw20jacket3.th.jpg

It would be desert trousers with a woodland jacket/shirt - well something along those lines, that is what mixed camo is dude. 

How are they the same? :unsure:  :waggle: 

By the way, can a black vest on top of woodland or desert clothing be considered as "Mixed Camo" ?

kliskey

Of course it can matey, thats exactly what some special forces do in iraq from what i have heard.

No problem, glad I can help. Dicken's you can see a good example of wht my buddy was reffering too when you play that first level in SOCOM, the kit on the team is different from member to member.

Also I am not 100% sure but mixing camo is a good way to not immediately stick out as "US ANVY SEAL!". IMO it gives you enough look to seem...irregular and not organized..then WHAM!! Your hit with the firepower of a platoon outta four doods..lol. Seals are the shizza....well damn now that I think about it so are the SAS..those doods....hehehe..All I gotta say is Bravo20. Anyway...I am off to wheel and deal for a SAW from airsoftclan. Gentlemen....

The first level is the one i played and i noticed it then, the main character (the one you control) is wearing the woodland shirt and dessert tri colour trousers.

Good luck with the SAW..... mmmm SAW lol

Dickens

Of course it can matey, thats exactly what some special forces do in iraq from what i have heard.

The first level is the one i played and i noticed it then, the main character (the one you control) is wearing the woodland shirt and dessert tri colour trousers.

Good luck with the SAW..... mmmm SAW lol

Dickens

Yeah I got a great quote for the Star.....we will see how it all goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A bit of a better photo to show how well it can be used in the field. Again British Forces, but I think DPM looks better mixed than US Woodland and Tri-colour.

britlook.jpg

I know this is not "Real" but there is a new show in the US called the "Unit", the episode last tuesday was cool, there was some nice camo mixing with different country and patten. I thought it was nice and would be an intresting mix for airsofter's...also...mixing woodland MARPAt and Desert? Would that seem weird to anyone?

I know this is not "Real" but there is a new show in the US called the "Unit", the episode last tuesday was cool, there was some nice camo mixing with different country and patten. I thought it was nice and would be an intresting mix for airsofter's...also...mixing woodland MARPAt and Desert? Would that seem weird to anyone?

Unfortunately, there really wasn't much point to their African camo pattern once they threw in US three-color desert.

• 1 year later...

If you take a look at the British Army pix, you will see they are wearing SAS/Arctic smocks over dessies. This is mainly due to the lack of equivalent issue smocks in desert camo. I have my nephews "old" smock that he took to Iraq. his take was "If I have to buy it myself, I wan't something I can use when I get back"

They couldn´t wear german Flecktarn as FT wasn´t introduced in the early 80ies ;)

I guess he´s reffering to that ###### "Navy Seals" Movie with Charly Sheen, but in Fact they wore not german "Flecktarn" (which is a Kiddy Term, its called camo pattern, temperate, 5 Colors), they wore austrian camo fatiques, dating to the mid 70´s!

Archived