Lost contact details for AUG sale

sniperbait

I was purchasing a civvy aug (with speed nipple, upgraded to 328, with silencer) but all the contact details i had were in my old P.M. Arnie, do you still have access to the old P.M or to the old forums? as I cant remember for the life of me who the guy I sent the cheque to was. He been on holiday for a couple of weeks and was due to send the gun last week I belive, but i think he may be in the position as myself re. contact details.

• 5 months later...

Iv finaly got round to contacting the bank and recived a copy of the cheque. Iv written a letter to the chap, via my bank, but have had no reply since the 10th of Jan. Iv also contacted the bank that cashed the cheque, who are refusing to foward a letter to the bloke. I have a name, Martin WOOD (oh, if anyone knows Martin WOOD, please ask him to contact me via PM so we can sort out this mess, ta.) but am stumped. I cant really go to the police as Im dont think a crime has been committed and searching the country for Martin WOOD may take a while :( .

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

search the country for martin wood wouldnt be hard, especialy when he has banked the cheque, the police can get his details from the bank.

there should be no reason why the bank wont forward a letter for you, explain the situation that you sold the gentlemen something and that you have lost contact details, its not like there going to give you any details of him,

hope you get this sorted.

• 4 weeks later...

Iv asked my bank, (barclays) to foward a letter on 10/01/2005 but his bank (halifax) have been somewhat uncooprative, refusing to foward any letters as they have "no duty" to do so. I have a copy of the cheque with the branch sort code it was payed in to, but again, the Halifax, will not tell me which branch it is. That said, i have a number for someone in the halifax who will help, so im told, and I'll be ringing them on monday. Oh well, fingers crossed.

Archived