removing the front sight by loosening this screw

mp7g.jpg

remove the top rail by loosening 3 screws

mp7h.jpg

This is a fake screw, dont touch it.

mp7i.jpg

see everything inside

mp7j.jpg

removing the bolt spring like this, dont let it bounce away!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ooh nice...

if you could give a close up on the gear box that'd definately get you a +1 from me :P

btw. have you asked the local gun shops in HK if there're gonna be custom parts for the MP7 coming out any time soon? i'm waiting for decent upgrades and the retail price of the MP7 to drop a little first. but i still cant wait till i get my hands on my very own MP7

urban ninja,

the best I can do for the close up is here:

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/mp7/gearbox.jpg

this gun is just arrived, no manufacturer announced upgrade parts for it....YET.

but I beleive those parts will be here very soon.

talk about the price, it is slightly overpriced at this moment, the japanese yen price of this gun is same as the TM MP5J, so it should be the same price of MP5J anywhere........if the supply is good enough.

staticzero,

yes, they are the standard 6mm plastic bushings. making it to 8mm bearing seems not possible this time. (this is the main objective for me to strip this gun....)

I measured the dia of the spring and the cylinder,

the cylinder is 20mm (inner) in dia, and the spring is 10mm (outer) in dia.

the wire is 1mm thick, it feels a lot heavier than the normal marui stock spring!!

1 question:

do you guys think the cylinder can provide enough air for this barrel??

the only thing i'm put off is the diddle cylinder :(

apart from that this gun is a beauty!

edit:

no tappet plate? how does it feed? does the whole cylinder move during the gear cycle then? o_O wtf? kthx? orly?

edit again:

kick *albatross* serial number on your gearbox dude (chinese thing)

alright, I will do it tomorrow when I go back to my shop.

(as I know, the hop up bucking is different from normal AEGs....)

Damn! That is cute! Can you take apart the hopup and compare it to a normal AEG barrel?

ninja,

it do have a tapplet plate, look at the gear box picture, the little black thingy on the left hand side is the tapplet plate!! (looks L-shaped in the picture)

I don't believe it uses a tappet plate.

*edit - as gunner said, the hopup bucking is different. Probably eliminated a tappet plate to save space in the box. Probably just rests the BBs in until firing, using some sort of tight seal.

It's a smarter idea than using a tappet plate for something like this.

no,

they just use the same mechanism......but just make everything smaller.

maybe I will try to strip the gun 1 more time......to take some better picture of the internals.

sorry for all confusion~~

I don't believe it uses a tappet plate.

*edit - as gunner said, the hopup bucking is different. Probably eliminated a tappet plate to save space in the box. Probably just rests the BBs in until firing, using some sort of tight seal.

It's a smarter idea than using a tappet plate for something like this.

Great pics! Did you even fire this gun before you tore it open? :P Seems like the gear box comes out rather easily. What's your general impression of the build quality/durability of the internals? Lightweight, robust, etc...I understand it's difficult to say anything for sure by just looking, but just your general impression of the parts. This is working its way onto my "must have" list. Thanks--nice work!

Very nice work Gunner.

One (maybe 2) of those intermediate gears protrudes into the piston space, is the piston slotted? And I can't make out the sector gear.

It is unbearably cute isn't it! :wub:

I think one of these will definately be nestling in my suitcase on the return trip from Hong Kong this April. :D

Archived