Tokyo Marui MP7A1 stripping guide

gunner-airsoft

mp7box13.jpg

tried to fit in a 6mm bearing

mp7box14.jpg

but the axis doesnt fit

mp7box15.jpg

the axis if the mp7 gears is nearly 2.5mm, normal aegs gear is 3mm axis

I wonder what kind of shims to use, if more are needed, when doing a bushing upgrade--standard ones, like would be used for other 6mm bushings? Since the gear axle is a bit smaller diameter than that on full size aeg gears, I suppose regular shims would be prone to more lateral movement when used with mp7 gears, but would this cause any problem? Has anyone reading this replaced their bushings and also had to add a few additional shims in the process? If so, what kind of shims worked?

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for resurecting such an old thread, but I'm going to be putting a TB barrel in my MP7 and I'm still not sure how to get the barrel out and I don't want to open it blindly :) Do I need to remove the entire gearbox to get it out or does it come out threw the front some how?

• 4 weeks later...
No, and there isn't in a regular AEG either - there is no such thing as gear timing  ;)

Oh I dont really know what to call it but anyway how bout this "sector gear positioning" better? Anyway, So your saying when you re-assemble a regular AEG gearbox you dont have to put the metal column sticking out of the sector gear (the one that makes the tappet plate go back and forth) to the 1 o'clock position. I know for a fact that if you dont do that it will cause your gearbox to jam up.

-

• 3 months later...

Help me, please. It ain't show up those pictures. I really need them, becouse my lovely MP7 broked up and I need help for opening mechbox. By the way problem in my MP7 is it ain't get any power from battery. So it ain't make any noise when i pull tricker.

Thank you

- Peter

Edit: Srry for bumping this theard. (Didin't know this were so old. I gotted here by link)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I want this guide too... Anyone saved this guide? If yes zip it and post the rapidshare or whatever link...

Why we can't see the images anymore??? :angry:

If anyone knows a similar mechbox dissasembly guide would help very much... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP!!!

Sry but I need this guide. If anyone has a link for a similar link please post it.

Else anyone that had an account when this was written please try archive.org!

Got there put this topics address and see if you can login and see the pix... If yes save the whole guide and upload it somewhere so everyone can have this...

Here

I PMed the author yesterday and he said he re-loaded the images but they still weren't showing up. I checked, and if I tried opening the images up in a new window (by copying the link from "get info" and pasting it into the address bar) they showed up fine.

So I think the problem is something changed on the Arnies forums that is causing the images not to load. (They do load rather slow.)

So it's a pain, but you can make it work.

I rebuild it for all you out there!

Here we go!

mp7alg8.jpg

out of box

mp7byb7.jpg

the other side of the gun

mp7drj4.jpg

first removing the muzzel, by pressing this botton and pull the muzzel forward

mp7ecu4.jpg

done

mp7fuz9.jpg

removing the front sight by loosening this screw

mp7gdn6.jpg

remove the top rail by loosening 3 screws

mp7hds5.jpg

This is a fake screw, dont touch it.

mp7iyp5.jpg

see everything inside

mp7jsj8.jpg

removing the bolt spring like this, dont let it bounce away!!

mp7kfw2.jpg

spring removed

mp7lox4.jpg

pull out the wires

mp7ofh1.jpg

remove this screw

mp7mod3.jpg

remove the 2 rear pins

mp7ntw2.jpg

pull it out

mp7plu4.jpg

removing the butt stock

mp7qeq8.jpg

push this silvery tab

mp7rtr2.jpg

take it out also

mp7sdf1.jpg

and take out the gearbox fixture

mp7trk6.jpg

push the wire into the receiver, and take out the gear box.

Phewwww! Please check for errors. I double checked but you never know... And if possible for a mod please fix this topic so it's easy for someone to find the posts with the working pix...

EDIT: I think that the original author must be mentioned in my first post or in all posts. I can't edit them so if a mod wants to do it it would be nice.

THE CREATOR OF THIS GUIDE IS "gunner-airsoft". I only fixed the broken images...

• 6 months later...
Phewwww! Please check for errors. I double checked but you never know... And if possible for a mod please fix this topic so it's easy for someone to find the posts with the working pix...

EDIT: I think that the original author must be mentioned in my first post or in all posts. I can't edit them so if a mod wants to do it it would be nice.

THE CREATOR OF THIS GUIDE IS "gunner-airsoft". I only fixed the broken images...

thank you for going thru all that work. I appreciate it.

• 4 months later...

Anyone would be so kind to provide info regarding original TM MP7 motor?

What kind of motor is it generally?

Does it has any markings on it?

What is accurate dimensions of it?

If we can identify what kind (class, type) of motor TM have used plus proper measurements of the motor - we can find a replacement in case it is needed (or even a better one with the same size).

Thank you!

• 7 months later...

well since its revived I need some help. For what ever reason my mp7 has stopped feeding bbs. Whats wrong, and how do I fix it? My standards dont feed at all......and my highcaps feed very rarely......and when it does its at a really slow fps.

I've attempted to get to the gearbox and have done everything right to strip it down but it wont slide out.....its like its caught on something or idk it just wont slide out.

Help would be appreciated

Archived