Best eye protection?

navymp28

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just meant are there any on that page that would do? I am just trying to save money but in the end its probably better that i save my eyes.

Edit: ahh well just looks like ill have to use my old goggles at this saturdays private game (with 20+ people).

Airsoft Armoury has some 15quid Bolle wraparounds that look and fit great (on me at least). Impressive seal, and quite lightweight/comfortable.

Teetee,

Have you tested your Birdz goggles yet? And if so, were they ok?

I only ask as I'm quite interested in finding out they're ballistic protection, and being a student I can't even afford the £20 to buy a set to test myself (£20 = 13 pints) :D

Cheers,

Si

Parsons, I received em yes. I wouldn't wear them for airsofting.

I only shot them twice, and both shots (330fps at about 2feet) left visible stress marks on the lenses. I'll just wear em for light contact events (read: NOT airsoft).

Try the Guarder or Bolle ones, they're cheap glasses.

Evert, I would recommend goggles, not glasses. I used to wear glasses and they fell off all the time when I started moving alot. Plus they may be able to withstand a 350+ bb at point blank, but what about when they are hitting you at odd angles? I had some bbs hit me at an odd angle and knock the glasses up or off completely.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

People, keep in mind, these are your PEEPERS. You get only one pair, and modern medical science does not allow us to replce them with baboon eyes. Yet. Plus, Pirates suck, and so do their eyepatches. Do you really want to risk your only pair of eyes? Spend the extra money and get a GOOD set of goggles, and just be safe with them.

People, keep in mind, these are your PEEPERS. You get only one pair, and modern medical science does not allow us to replce them with baboon eyes. Yet. Plus, Pirates suck, and so do their eyepatches.  Do you really want to risk your only pair of eyes? Spend the extra money and get a GOOD set of goggles, and just be safe with them.

Thats why I was asking if the linked ones I posted are safe ;)

I hate to resurrect the thread but are the top goggles in my link Ok?

http://www.imsplus.com/ims31.html

No they are not.

These are the old GI sun, sand, wind and rain goggles, no ballistic protection whatsoever.

If you got these you would need a separate ballistic rated lens.

I'd suggest a look at ESS or Bolle for something suitable, there's something for everybodies budget within those two ranges and they are top notch.

Archived