Best eye protection?

navymp28

I'm looking at a pair of Oakley SI A-Frames at the moment. Superb goggles - very good anti-fog performance, apparently, and they look like they're a bit smaller than my ESS NVG Profiles.

The other option are the Hatch BOSS 6000s, but they're hard to get and I can't see the advantage over the Oakleys (which I can obtain for significantly less than from most places).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets see some pictures eh???

Anyways, which goggles go best with just a black balaclava alone? (no helmet) and over prescription glasses?

If they fit (does for some) I'll have to say the Bolle x800s are good for this purpose.

Anyone used Guarders C3s?

I'm looking to get those real soon and I just wanna make sure if they hold up alright.

I've heard stories that the lens or frame just break, BUT then again, I've heard stories that they are good and reliable. So which one is it?

:) Thanks

i have a pair of C3's i wear them ALL the time... because the black lens make it look like they're normal pair of sunnies and now i havent got red hair my other sunnies dont look as good on me :P

and they're really comfy and stay on your head even if you jump around...

one thing worries me though... is when you change your lens on the C3's you bend the bit of frame just above your nose... although that's the thickest part, that's also the part you're putting most strain on when you change lens... i swap mine between yellow and black all the time (black for sunny environment and yellow for dark environments, for some reason you can wall hack easier with yellow lens)

i absolutely love the C3's.

edit: had mine for about 4months now. and the only wear i've got on it is where i've not kept the black lens in the lens holder in the hard case and there's slight chip on the coating on the lens itself... other than that, i've been shot on the glasses enough times to know they're safe, stays there and can take a few bursts. i remember getting shot around 15metres and some hitting my face/glasses... so i mean both my eyes are still here and i love the look of them... :D cant ask for much more (apart from replacement frames, because i've heard some break if you shoot it right on the bridge)

Archived