I really need some help...

Victory

KWA G18c:

Ok, I have some problems with my gun. :(

1. The trigger is back all the way, and is stuck.

2. The slide will not go back.

3. I cannot take the slide off.

4. The safety is messed up, like, it's hard to move from safe to semi and auto.

Please help.

-Vic

I got this in a trade. Should I trade it back somehow?

Hm..... So you're sure the slide won't budge? Perhaps there's something jammed up in there. Try taking a look up the mag well to see if you can see anything. Other than that, I guess maybe try putting an unjamming rod down the barrel and see what happens. I'm stumped on this one though.

It sounds like your recoil spring is out of place. This happened to me once, and all the above symptoms can be caused by this. Take the magazine out, make sure there is no blockages. Flip the gun into safe, and push down on the 2 tabs at the front, then with your thumb try and push the slide forwards. Make sure the recoil spring is the right way round, and sitting below the barrel properly. Then slide the slide back, and try and cock it. The trigger remains back if the gun is uncocked. You will only be able to move it by cocking the gun. Also the fire selector is hard to move if the gun is not racked back.

If you have any problems, give me a PM or add me on ant_rulz88(at)msn.com and I will dismantle my G18C over cam for you.

Hope this helps,

Ant

for onw: with the trigger locked back and the slide forward: you should only be able to move the selector switch to the neutral position! So no idea what damage you've done it there.

As Spantney says: you could have your return spring guide misplaced - the easy way to solve this is to grab the spring guide rod at the front of the gun and pull it forward a little then let it go it should spring back to it's rightful position. Of course you might have some trouble grabbing the rod if the slide won't move at all.

If still no joy you got a BB stuck in the mechanics of the slide. Shine a torch down the mag well, see if you can see any BBs. Gently try "jigging" the slide back and forth.

Victory, I have to agree with the recoil rod being misaligned. Best idea is to get a flat screwdriver, place it flush against the front of the slide, and lever the recoil rod out about 1/4-1/2"...That should let you rack the slide, and when it's all the way back, push the recoil rod upwards, towards the barrel. I have this problem on my KSC 18c when I take it apart then put it together again - every time. I had the same thing...Slide wouldn't move back, or come off. It should work...If you really need, I'll try to get a pic to send you to show what I mean.

Gary

Archived