Like others, after awhile I get a little sick of my avatar so I tried to make a new one so that I can change it. Well, once I was finished, I tried to upload it and it kept showing the one that I have but in a strange, skewed size.

I followed the limitations for size and format but I've been unable to upload.......I've seen others have an animated gif so that's what I was trying to show.....

Any suggestions?

Try a different browser.  With default settings, the latest IE or Firefox should work.

Actually, I was using the newest firefox.......but the previous post was right, it was a refresh problem.......

But I learned something else........if the upload has to be resized it will screw up the animation........so you have to use the size from the upload and then resize it.....

Because none of the guide lines tell you how big to make it......

you know, this thread made me decide to cange my avatar, and I had the same problem. Would you believe it took me half an hour to realise this was the same problem and when I looked back at this thread, I fixed it in 2 seconds.........man did I feel dumb <_<