Firing!:

After the battery had now fully charged, i could take her out for a nice bit of target practice in the garden :D

My first impression when i shot, was: Christ, this is loud! It has a very distinctive sound, very loud and intimidating; like no other AEG i've used :D

The RoF is decent, had no trouble emptying the 550 round hicap :)

It is very accurate; the bbs seems to go, wherever you want them to go :) Though, the sights don't seems to be quite dead on...But that could just be because of the wind outside :)

The range this has is moderate, i'd say around the same as most guns of this price, like an ICS m4 for example. I must say, i will be upgrading it to bang on 330, even with the hop full up, it seems to drop quite quickly, but i suppose i have been spoilt by the long range advantage of my APS2 which is firing well over forum limits :P

I shot at one of the little (4x6") TM targets that came with my MP7, at 10m, it was quite windy:

target9aw.jpg

Then again, at 20m, still fairly windy, starting to rain :(:

target22qk.jpg

The grouping is very satisfactory :D

In conclusion i can say that this is 100% worth the money i paid for it, it looks stunning, and doesn't shoot half bad either :D

I am in love with mine :wub:

Shall i do a small video once the weather brightens up?

Edited by Soloman
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ak-74 Early:

Wood furniture

Ribbed top cover

No sidemount (unless it's an early Ak-74N)

Ak-74 Late:

Plastic Polyamide furniture

Ribbed top cover

No sidemount (unless it's an late Ak-74N)

Ak-74M

Plastic Polyamide furniture

Smooth top cover

Sidemount

Sidefolding full stock

These are the basic differences. From this we can see that the ICS Ak-74M is basicly a late model Ak-74N with smooth top cover instead of a true Ak-74M, due to the lack of a full sidefolding stock.

I'd like to know if it's possible to put the blow-back system from Guarder into this ICS AK... The gearbox seems to be ok cause it's just like a version3 but the problem is the shape of the hop up system and the place under the top cover... pictures????

I'd like to know if it's possible to put the blow-back system from Guarder into this ICS AK... The gearbox seems to be ok cause it's just like a version3 but the problem is the shape of the hop up system and the place under the top cover... pictures????

It will not fit because of how the bolt that is in there is designed (Going all the way back)

I will gladly take the stock of and take some pictures guillom.

Taking this gun down is a peice of cake, i had it leaning up against the wall yesterday *fnar fnar* and it acidentally fell over, knocking the back site out. Now to put this back on, you have to take the whole gas block/front truition apart. It was very easy to do :)

AK74M.jpg

Well, thats my real steel AK74M. As you can see its almost exactly the same thing; only difference is a slight one in furniture. Like any AK, you can easily remove the stock and put on a folding one. And if Soloman will say if there is a single screw at the top of the AK's butt-stock then ICS made it interchangeable. If they didn't.... thats a little weird.

Complaining about furniture on an AK is like... well, its like saying you don't own a Rolls Royce because the cup holder is different.

I believe I will definitely get the ICS AK74M. It'll be nice to own the airsoft gun for my real-steel. ^,^

Edit- Sorry about that; picture was coming up as 600x400 but it was actually over 600dpi. Fixed that with a pic resize.

Edited by Iago