• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Debating whether to push that "Pre-Order" button on GI's website... Then I came across this:

sd74.jpg

HOT! NEW ICS AK74 AEG! New from ICS, a long awaited AK74 Model AEG! Full metal body, same high quality ICS craftsmanship and performance as their MIL4AS and MP5 Series! Full Armory USA Trademarks! COMING SOON!

Full ARMORY USA trademarks? WHAT WHAT WHAAAAAT?!

got mine this week.  faulty turbo 2000 motor.  keeps quitting on me.

has metal bushings and good gears.

Thats ICS :rolleyes:

Seriously though, are these problems really worth it, because I love my CA AK...and was thinking about an ICS just to have, or as a backup at least...

Well, at least we get the 3000 motor, and upgraded gears and bushings. Problem is, that I am not sure if we get Kalashnikov trades...

If we don't, I'd rather the gun not have trades at all, and just a serial number or such. I mean, the AK trades aren't that spectacular anyway...

Thats ICS  :rolleyes:

Seriously though, are these problems really worth it, because I love my CA AK...and was thinking about an ICS just to have, or as a backup at least...

Yes. Because it's a reeeeal ak. Not, an SLR ;)

Hey, there's a few bugs with the ICS M4's and that dosn't stop people buying them :)

Thats ICS  :rolleyes:

Yeah, you're probably going to be using it as a backup.

I sold my useless SLR from typical wiring problems. So you say,"maybe it's an early model?" Nope, number 628, that's plenty of time for CA to get their *albatross* in gear and work on the wiring.

The ICS' coming to North America not only have an upgraded motor, but metal bushings and gears as well. I'm quite content with ordering it, just not sure about when it's coming out, nor the trades that are going to be used.

Hmm, I wouldn't worry much about the motor, bushings or gears. These parts are easily replaced, when necessary, as is the whole mechbox. What worries me is the possible faulty hop-up unit. If this is not the same as TM (question for owners - is it?), then it might be a serious issue

Edited by Budo

Right, got the gun back from the very nice people at zeroone :D (I even got a free poster of it :D)

The range is fan-*fruitcage*-tastic, the hop is fine, and the thing shoots like a wet dream.

It just turns out i got served a lemon :) But hey, small price to pay for having the 25th one ever made :D

hmm i have had mines up at two skirmishes and lasted both days no problems whats soo ever

can i ask where is the serial number (sorry noob question)

and

with the side mount already installed does anyone know if it is compatible with russian optics and the russian mounts or will i have to buy the ICS Rail?

That brings me to a question Soloman.

What is constituted as the Kalashnikov trademark on your gun? Is it simply the "arrow in triangle mark" (Izhevsk factory), or are there any further markings on the gun?

Does anyone know of the details of the North American release, and the "Armory USA" company? Do they have obnoxious trademarks like that of Arsenal?

By the way, I'm without a gun right now and I'm waiting for the release here, so Solo, I hate you... :P

With the "Arrow in a triangle" mark, would that constitute Customs to seize it, you reckon? I had no idea there even WAS a trade on the gun until someone asked that question =) Just that mark and the serial number... I figure customs wouldn't even notice!

(compared to the other trades that label build location, model of gun, etc)

Al.

(Just thinking for the inevitable future when I have to move back to Canada) =)

• 3 weeks later...

Well I received an ICS AK74M from a friend to tune and review.

It has not been as smooth as you guys.

Serial is: 2600302

OOTB its only going 220fps. There was some problem with the barrel mounted 3mm too far forward hence the hop up was not engaging against the mechbox, hence no airseal.

After I added some washers to the hop mounting to push it back towards the mechbox, it shot 313fps. Not bad.

Accuracy was disappointing, with no hop it hooked up and to the left. With Hop on the gun was shooting high and left again.

The motor was a ICS turbo 2000, it made a high pitched whine. Compared with the EG700 the EG700 made no such noise.

I shimmed and tested. ROF was not bad. The muzzle brake makes such a noise when working that it gave a very distinct "kasnap".

However, after upgrades with an 140%, ROF dropped and the high pitched whine was noisier. And after a little while the gears locked up. However I am only using 8.4v 2800mah. Usually that would've been fine pulling a 170% with some nasty ROF on an EG1000.

Mags jammed on me, am using TM ammo, and then excell, and the bioval. All 3 brands jammed in the mags.

However, it is the best feeling AEG in existence though, I have held everything. It is solid, feels like WAR. In my many years of airsoft that has got to be the gun that wins all hands down.

If I can be bothered in the future, I will get one just to tune up. It is the sechs, but not much as a performer.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
  • 2 weeks later...

my serial number is:2600192

got mine last friday...got it second hand..

the guy had played 3 skirmishes with it..i played with it on sunday...no problems threwout the day..

will see how it last in the future..but until now it performs very well

i think the ROF is the same as in a marui Famas...which is quite nice i think..

range and accurancy are the same as on a marui AK47...

maybe you just got a lemon...

//of course it won't work if u use Bioval :D

chronoed mine with king bio 0,25: 260 fps

Edited by El-finno