MP7 Chrono Results

FarEast

There has been alot of people asking for chrono test results of the new

Tokyo-Marui MP71, So lets compile our results then work out an average FPS/J. for the first batch to hit the market.

Please before posting observe these conditions:

Chronographing of your weapon should be done indoors if possible, if not please state that it was outside, use 0.20g BB's of a good quality preferably not Bio-degradable one.

So here's mine!

MP7_test_result_1.sized.jpg

My MP7 chronoed as follows with 0.23s:

1. 238

2. 236

3. 235

4. 237

5. 241

Which seems to be in keeping with you results.

I must admit I was a bit worried for a minute as an infamous idiot I know had told me to expect 300 fps. I'm not sure who is more stupid, him for telling me, or me for believing him. :)

That is what TM was saying for a while. Can't realy blame the buy for bad info.

You're right, it isn't fair. But on the other hand, he is an idiot and deserves it for numerous other crimes against good sense.

BTW has anyone else found that the shot grouping is very consistent on the MP7? I was pleasantly surprised.

I'm wondering why your Joules reading for the .2 and .23 gram BB's is different from eachother? They should be the same.

No BB is exact, even from the same batch, and they don't absorb all the piston energy the same way, hence why all the .2's and .23's have different fps from each other.

The energy is the average.

If you fired enough bb's, this would eventually come out the same, but with just a few bb's fired, you have to take into account the margin of error.

it does... but it's a different gun... probably having the new spring not settled yet.

or maybe the combination of barrel/ammo/chrono used, the slightest difference in the combination(s) might give that much difference. to be honest, there is 0.03g difference, there should be VERY little difference.

i mean i use 0.25 on my uber limits VSR and it still swerves a bit at longer distances... but 0.2s are ahem... just a lil too big on the groupings ¬_¬

edit: note the Joule differences on FarEast's results on the same gun but different ammo :P

edit again:

what's the reason behind not using bio BBs for chronos? o_O

what's the reason behind not using bio BBs for chronos? o_O

The problem with Biodegradable BB’s is that you have no idea how old they are, these could have been sat in a store room for a year gradually degrading, thus lowering the weight and also shape of the BB’s both having an effect on the performance of the weapon.

Standard non-bio’s do not break down and also are manufactured to a higher quality than the bio range and if your prepared to pay then will be coat in silicon as well.

it does... but it's a different gun... probably having the new spring not settled yet.

I had fired 500 rounds through the gun before the chrono test. (Did the average speed test of ROF first)

Now the difference between 0.20g and 0.23g is only 0.037J which is hardly anything, If i was to do the test over 100 shots for both 0.20g and 0.23g the difference would be even smaller.

The heavier BBs retain thier kinetic energy slightlylonger than the lighter ones do. They all the leave the barrel at pretty damn close, but not exactely the same, and as the move away from the muzzle, their kinetic energy changes. The KE of the lighter BBs changes faster than that of the heavier, leading to slightly higher energies in the heavier BBS not to far from the barrel. If your chrono is positioned a little away from the barrel, this effect is magnified.

215 w/ 0.25 KSC.  Now for sale.

Wow, that's fast. (the sale, not FPS :D)

I was excited about this gun even though I am quite anti-TM, but after seeing this thread I will certainly not be buying one. I was told to expect 275-300 fps.

True, it was supposed to be 90m/s <_<

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

Wow, that's fast. (the sale, not FPS :D)

True, it was supposed to be 90m/s <_<

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

yes it can proform at 90m/s but using 0.12g BB's. When TM did the test they used 0.12g BB's. People translated the results thinking they had used 0.20g without reading the text which stated in Japanese "lightweight" meaning 0.12g BB's.

A classic case of people reading into it what they wanted to beleive.

I primarily use .25s in all my guns save for the AICS. I really don't want to have to keep a third weight type of bbs for this one. Hell, the thing comes with .25s in the box. It's like they want you to get low fps. If I get some .20s then it will be better according to the results, but now I'll have to keep track of what's in every gun.

It still looks the tits, but unless some springs or batteries come out for more power, I don't forsee this one having legs on the airsoft frontlines.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mine chronoed at 74m/s (242fps) standard and 79m/s (260) with the 6.04 TB.

same results with either Marushin or Gold Fire .2s, and using a Laylax satellite BB Checker chrono.

I'm happy with it's range and accuracy, for what is really a large full auto capable electric pistol, I refuse to 'fall into the trap' of comparing it to a 'normal' AEG :waggle:

Archived